 Announcements / 355
  Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

Howdy Gang, I had not seen anybody else post this...so here goes. The Airline promotion set #1775 is nice, very nice..... What I found most interesting was the copyright date (1994,1995). So this sets is an good oldie.... For those of you who track (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

(...) Where can you get this set? I got the one from S@H, mistakenly thinking it had real windows.... (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

(...) These are from S@H. They were apparently running out of the other one, and brought these in to be a suitable alternative when the others ran out. eric (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

I was lucky enough to find a box from S@H on my recliner when I came home today, and found this 1775 set inside it. I was tempted at first to order 4, so I could get another free McDonald's set, but I only ordered one. I hope I am not too late to (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

(...) And two auctions just popped up on eBay with starting bid of $49.95! Gack... we need to figure out how to effectively combat this eBay ridiculousness. I'm tempted to start suggesting to the eBay sellers I regularly buy from start migrating to (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

(...) Would there be any problems with someone creating a web site - calling it something like say - www.auctioninfo.com, and using it to display all the information we gather about instances of this sort of thing - including identifying the sellers (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

Simon, Thats a good idea. I also think some of the sellers who complain about these others selling ridiculously priced Lego should form some type of group (with a recognizable logo) to increase awareness. Something like the eBay Power Sellers (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Fair Lego Seller's site?

That sounds like an even better idea. OK - so to refine what John is suggesting.... How about something like this? A group gets set up - Fair Lego Sellers would be a good name, though I don't know if TLG would object to the use of 'Lego' in the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

Reason #17 that I recieved from ended@ebay.com for cancelling an auction: 17. LINKS TO OTHER AUCTION SERVICES: eBay does not allow the listing of auctions which include links (static or live) to other online auction services. So calling it (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

This seems a neat idea. I think if the site did not directly offer to sell anything, eBay would be hard pressed to claim that a link to it from a listing was to a "competing auction site". However it may fall afoul of the disparaging other sellers (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

(...) Is this new? I thought we all checked into this a few months ago and agreed that (for instance) links to my auctions at JABA or to BRICKS or whatever were ok, as long as it wasn't the same item? Not that I anticipate listing anything on eBay (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

(...) The new user agreement can be found here: (URL) old user agreement can be found here (for now): (URL) on eBay's mailing list to receive updates to the user agreements, I didn't receive notice about the latest changes, yet. Julie (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

(...) It appears you can't even link to a straight sale site. Here's something I came across tonight: (URL) Policies "Listing Techniques that circumvent eBay's fee structure Users may not use systems or techniques to interfere with the proper (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

(...) Eeeek -- IANAL, but that sounds anti-competitive -- in the Sherman Antitrust Act sense of the phrase... --Todd (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

(...) Antitrust (...) Probably not. If eBay was a brick-and-mortar establishment they'd be well within their rights to disallow advertising for competitors on premises (sp?). Will (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

Could someone link to an outside home page, and there have links to all the non-eBay auctions ? I don't see any way they could barf at that. Ray (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

Ray Sanders wrote in message <381B909A.51AD387E@gate.net>... (...) Thats what I do, and have never had a complaint from eBay - you can see the page I link to in the first URL below. -- Have fun! John My Trade/Sale (and links) Page (URL) weird Lego (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

(...) From what I've gathered in my light scanning of the various sources of eBay conditions is that they have sets of woolly and sometimes contradictory sounding regulations. Whether this is because they are inept or whether it is because having (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

I like the "Fair Lego Sellers" idea, and the idea of an information site. I think that listing individual *people* as "Bad sellers" on such a site is asking for trouble, whether from eBay or from the individuals listed. Even if they couldn't sue for (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

(...) We should have a list of the sets currently avaliable generally e.g. the macdonalds set, promo airplane, space shuttle (is it still easy to find?) and others. then we can pame people aware that they can get that space shuttle they are thinking (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

(...) By this definition there are MANY auctions going on for computers and software that violate the TOS, as I've seen many auctions that ofer a link to a straight sale (at a higher cost) if you want it now. (...) Actually, it means that you cannot (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

Hey John, if order more could you tell me? I might want to buy one off of you. Oh, by the way, I saw this set go for over $100 on ebay a while back (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.database)