 Announcements / 3046 (-100)
  The Brick Link for Relief Ends Today!, was Re: The Brick Link for Relief is Underway!

(...) Hi all, While this effort was meant to last only one day, it was extended to Friday (that's today) by many of these sellers. I updated the list above to remove those who have already contributed. I would like to thank those who have already (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Brickshelf surpases the 1 million file mark

The Brickshelf Gallery™ now has more than 1 million files! (URL) Congrats to Kevin Loch and all Brickshelf Users! (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  The Brick Link for Relief is Underway!

Hi all, For disaster relief, participating BrickLink shops are in a Brick Link for relief effort! These shops will be donating proceeds to the Red Cross and include: (URL) The Legobah System> (URL) ToysNTreasures> (URL) NVR2MNYLEGOS> (URL) Finder's (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.people, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  NWBrickCon™ 2005 Technic Award Sneak Peek

NWBrickCon is almost here. This is just a last little push for anyone bringing Technic MOCs. If you are bringing anything in the Technic theme please email me and let me know what you are bringing and how much table space you will need. ... and now (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !!

  Update on the LEGO Fan website

Several months back, a few of us announced the rebirth of LEGOFan.org and brought a new site online. We outlined a charter and a mission statement. We worked aggressively to make things happen, and we were very excited by the acceptance in the (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Brick Link for Relief Effort: September 21

Hi all, In less than a week, there will be a one day event on BrickLink: The Brick Link for Relief Effort. Participating brickshops will be sending their proceeds to the Red Cross on that day, which is September 21. Those shops will have a special (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.people, lugnet.announce) !!

  Michiana-LUG Meeting - Saturday, September 17th, 2005

To All, We are having another meeting, finally! It has been a busy year, and we finally have a meeting planned for all of the upcoming events in the next few months. Here are the details: When: Saturday, September 17th, 2005 Time: 11:00AM EST / (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  LEGO toy drive for disaster relief

Hi all, Along with the (URL) Red Cross donations matched by LEGO>, we also wanted to develop a more personal giving opportunity. Huge numbers of families have lost everything in the hurricane and subsequent flooding. Since a large fraction of these (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  Join the LEGO Group in helping with Hurricane Disaster Relief

Hi all, We have all seen the devastation that Hurricane Katrina left in New Orleans, and with it the displaced families and children. They all have little or nothing from their homes and have been placed in shelters around the country. Companies and (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  PromoBricks.com Turns One Year Old!

It is with GREAT joy that today I celebrate the one year mark for (URL) PromoBricks.com>. In the last year the popularity of these bricks has risen to an all-time high with countless new collectors of these great limited edition bricks! The list of (...) (19 years ago, 10-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.promo, FTX)

  WARNING: Minifigures under 18 exit now!!

Hello everyone it's me again with another Starwars Vignette. This one is a rare sneak peak into the real Mos Eisley Cantina at its Peak. WARNING: Minifigures under 18 please exit due to some adult Preferences! If you are of age minifigures please (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.vignette, FTX)

  Custom track available at NWBrickCon!

Hey all, At this year’s NWBrickCon, my first BTW, I will be selling custom track as I did at this year’s BrickFest. However unlike BrickFest, I have taken liberties so that I don’t run out of track again. I will have a large assortment ready to go (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  NWBrickCon Pre-Registration Extended!

For all of you who just did't get to the (URL) site> to register yet, we are extending on-line Pre-Registration until Saturday, September 10th. Starting the 11th, the price goes up, and we can't guarantee you'll get all the goodies. Be sure to take (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  The Dirty Brickster is Coming!!!

Yes, once again it is time for the Dirty Brickster at NWBrickCon. Yes, it is once again time to peruse your various Lego and Lego related stuff to find that perfect gift to exchange, that thing you don't really need but that someone else may go (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.sealug) !!

  TexLUG Austin meeting Sunday 9/11

All, The next Austin TexLUG meeting will be this Sunday, the 11th of September. I'll be showing some of my photos from Brickfest 2005. I took over 600 shots, covering just about everything, so whatever your interest, come by to see the great (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  New MegaBloks forum!

Attention Mega Bloks fans! An appreciator of the brand has established a posting forum specifically for discussions of Mega Bloks. He's never posted here on LUGNET, but I've corresponded with him on and off for quite a few months, and I can attest (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Call for Presenters at NWBrickCon 2005

NWBrickCon 2005 would like *you* to present, facilitate, or run a talk, round-table, class, or special activity. NWBrickCon schedules several classes and special events throughout the Con---seeing and sharing MOCs is fun, but a Lego fan convention (...) (19 years ago, 3-Sep-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.ca.bc) !

  Photos from the toy museum at Valdemar Slot

In the beginning of August I visited the toy museum at Valdemar Slot with my parents. They have a nice collection of LEGO products (not only bricks) which we took some pictures of: (URL) well, Jacob (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  NWBrickCon™ 2005 Castle

(URL) NWBrickCon> is coming up fast, and the Castle layout will be great this year. If you’re planning on attending please e-mail me. Let me know what you’re planning on bringing so we can get a general idea of how much area we’re going to need. If (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.castle, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  NWBrickCon™ 2005 Technic

NWBrickcon is quickly approaching, October 7th - 9th will be here sooner then you think. It's time to order those last few parts you need to finish that killer Technic MOC or start working on that new project you've had trapped in your head for a (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !!

  More Vendors Wanted at NWBrickCon Brick Bazaar

This is somewhat of a repeat, but the deadline for pre-registration is fast approaching... Bring your Lego wares to NWBrickCon! NWBrickCon will be held October 7th-9th at the Seattle Center. And the Brick Bazaar is a fanstastic time to unload your (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.sealug) !!

  LDraw Design Pad v1.5.7 Released

LDraw Design Pad (LDDP) is a tool for editing and handling LDraw files in a very comfortable way. The new version can be downloaded here: (URL) are: -Fully customizable editor with syntax highlighting -Open multiple files at the same time -Unlimited (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  NWBrickCon™ 2005 Haunted Mansion Module Contest!

NWBrickCon™ 2005 Haunted Mansion Module Contest!! Once more, NWBrickCon is happening near Halloween. So, once again, we are going to have the Haunted Mansion Module Contest. Using the techniqes of Moonbase and Castle, we are going to build a modular (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  NWBrickCon™ 2005 Draft

As hinted at earlier, we are going to have a Draft! Okay, so what IS a Draft? It is an event where everyone brings one copy of the same (unopened) set. We open the sets, sort the pieces into piles and take turns Drafting the piles of pieces. The (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  NWBrickCon™ 2005 Pre-Registration Ending Soon!

There is just over ONE WEEK left for pre-registration! We'll be closing Pre-Registration next week for our Fourth Annual NWBrickCon! This may be your last chance to save money and get exclusive goodies! If you register (and pay) by September 7th - (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Starting a LUG

Hey there. This coming school year, I'll be entering high school. I am going to get some of my friends and a teacher sponsor and start a LUG. As this LUG is going to be a club at my school, only registered students will be able to join, but it's a (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ak, lugnet.org.us)

  New Mocs: Classic Spac

Hello everyone.. it's been a long long time since I've posted. Here are a few of the Classic Space Mocs I've been working on. The Galaxy Explorer inspired ship is the Galactic Explorer Mark II.. The original was destroyed in a car wreck I was in (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce) !

  Allan Bedford "Unofficial LEGO builder's guide"

Hi, The "Unofficial LEGO builder's guide" by Allan is announce to be available in September. You can yet read a sample chapter here (URL) and visit his blog there (URL) Regards, Didier (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.books, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX) !

  Announcing Bricksmith for Macintosh

I thought I would save my first post to Lugnet for something good. (URL) It is time to announce the completion of (URL) 1.0>, my new LDraw editor for Mac OS X. Bricksmith provides a number of features which have hitherto been lacking on the (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX) !!

  A little quiz!!

This is a quiz. Everybody can try to answer. The answer is hard to find, but don't worry, try it anyway! Take a look at this picture: (URL) There are 19 bricks. I didn't altered the original picture (I didn't used any photoshop or other programs!) (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.color, lugnet.general, FTX)

  LEGOFan.org Now Hosting LEGOFactory Forum!

Hi all, It was announced at BrickFest™ that LEGOFactory would be launched this week. In conjunction with the launch, LEGOFan.org has opened a LEGOFactory forum. What makes this forum special is the Product Manager for LEGOFactory, Mark Hansen, will (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Plays with the Heaven and Earth Creative Thing Abnormal Play

I finally got my hands on a copy of the Japanese language publication of (URL) The Brick Testament: Stories from the Book of Genesis>, which apprently was released last December: (URL) "Plays with the Heaven and Earth Creative Thing Abnormal Play" (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.books, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.loc.jp, FTX) !!

  AudioBrick - Episode 2

AudioBrick is the official podcast of GeekBrick.com. In this episode, I welcome our new administrator, Erik Dahl, and discuss a few of the announcements from the keynote session at BrickFest 2005. I also briefly talk about cycle two of the LEGO (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Announcing the first BrickJournal Contest...

BrickFest™ has become a major event in the AFOL community, with hundreds of attendees coming each year and the number of visitors growing each year. BrickJournal will be celebrating BrickFest 2005 with articles and photos from the displays and the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.people, lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX) !!

  NWBrickCon is Coming! Vendors are Needed!

I'm in charge of the Brick Bazaar at NWBrickCon again this year, and it is comming up fast! This year NWBrickCon will be held October 7th-9th at the Seattle Center. The Brick Bazaar will be a much better location this year (the Olympic Room) than (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.sealug) !!

  Administrator Position Open at GeekBrick.com! (For Europeans ONLY)

Attention! GeekBrick.com is looking for a LEGO enthusiast who lives in Europe to join our staff. They will have administrator access/responsibilities, and they will be a full time staff member. Here are the terms: - GeekBrick.com must be one of your (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.eu)

  James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2005

The James Jessiman Memorial Award was established by the Jessiman Family to honor an individual who has contributed to the furthering of LDraw, the DAT format, and James' memory. This year, in consultation with the Jessiman's, the LDraw.org Steering (...) (19 years ago, 15-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !!

  Announcing NWBrickCon 2005 Theme Coordinators

NWBrickCon 2005 is coming up on October 7--9 in Seattle. Registration is possible at (URL) September 9. If you plan to display MOCs or other displays, or have any related questions, please contact the appropriate coordinator (preferably by October (...) (19 years ago, 15-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.western) !!

  BrickFest Photo Gallery Online

BrickFest Photos! Some preliminary photos (sans captions) are now available on the (URL) BrickFest web site> in the new (URL) Photo Gallery>. There will be many more in the next hours and days, take a few minutes to browse through them. Note: the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation

Dear readers, As some of you may have already known, Todd Lehman and I recently decided to limit our involvement in LUGNET to the end of this Fall. We both will always love LUGNET and feel great pride in what its users have grown it into, but we (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !!

  no TexLUG Austin meeting this coming Sunday 8/14

Folks, There will not be an Austin TexLUG meeting this coming Sunday. I'll be at BrickFest in DC this weekend, and I'm still arranging new reservations for the room at the library. Plan on our next meeting for Sunday, September 11, 2005. (I will (...) (19 years ago, 11-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  LEGO WORLD DVD

The annual LEGO WORLD event in the Netherlands is well-known to LEGO enthusiasts world-wide. For five days everything is about LEGO build and play for all ages. Both adult enthusiasts and families with children have a great time. This unique (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, FTX)

  NMRA National Train Show - Interview of MichLTC Participants

I didn't have the pleasure to attend the NMRA National Train Show in Cincinnati, but many MichLUG members did. I've interview a few of those members to create an intriguing report. (URL) Read the Interviews/Report>. Also lots of pictures from Jim (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  CLB & NILTC take part in the National Trust Celebration

In cooperation with LEGO®, Wonderworks, and the Frank Lloyd Wright Preservation Trust, members of CLB and NILTC volunteered to help 'LEGO day'-- a family building event held in Oak Park, Illinois. A great time was had by everyone. (URL) Ken Nagel (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, FTX)

  Re-Introducing: GeekBrick.com

Hello, I have reopened up GeekBrick.com! GeekBrick.com is a LEGO based website that focuses on all aspects of LEGO. We have news, discussion, reviews, and we have also started a podcast. We also feature unique creations (MOCs, modules, etc). If you (...) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Annoucing A New LEGO Blog: Unique Brique Techniques

Greetings! We are pleased to announce the launch of a new LEGO blog: Unique Brique Techniques. The purpose of this blog will be to keep you up to date on the innovative and creative use of LEGO elements by other builders. Our team will regularly (...) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  2005 LDraw.org Standards Committee Vote Results

The 2005 LSC voting has come to an end. The 2005 LDraw.org Standards Committee is: Steve Bliss Kevin Clague Tore Eriksson Lars Hassing Orion Pobursky There were a total of 13 respondents. (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  COLTC Display at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, Ohio

Hello, COLTC is currently displaying at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, Ohio. The Fair runs from August 3rd thru August 14th and is open 9am to 9pm most days. We are in the DiSalle Arts & Crafts Building. Our display consists of a 12.5 x 20ft multi (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Star Wars LEGO UCS Survey

The LEGO Group has asked LEGO Fan for help in collecting your feedback. They're looking into future product ideas and have asked for your opinions on which product you'd like to see the most. This feedback will be added into the decision making (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Mecha Contests at BrickFest 2005!

BrickFest is fast approaching! I hope everyone is finishing those last minute MOCs for display and preparing for all the events! Speaking of events, we are pleased to announce a Timed Building Contest for the mecha room! Participants will be (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  SCLTC OCF pictures are up

(URL) SCLTC> has posted the first (URL) pictures> from (URL) current show> at the 2005 Orange County Fair. This is our largest layout ever and is part of our overall contribution that also includes a static display in the theme building and a world (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  New look to the BrickFest Page

The Public Expo page for the BrickFest Event has been posted to www.brickfest.com The main site still exists, its just one more click away. Just select the link at the bottom that says: "Registered Attendees can continue to the rest of the BrickFest (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce) !

  Classic Castle City Flags at BrickFest 2005

Greetings all, There's less than 3 weeks til BrickFest! I apologise for not putting this together earlier, but I wanted to let all Castle builders know that the we will continue with the Classic Castle City flag system we had last year. Marc Nelson (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Get Thee to a Bloggery!

Hi all, Just wanted to say that me and Kevin Blocksidge have started a blog concerning the MOCs of others (highlight reel? thousand points of light? Where is Kevin getting these phrases?) at (URL) it out, leave some comments, scorn us for perceived (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce) !!

  MUGS/M>ltc Website

G'day all, I am very pleased and excited to announce that MUGS (the Melbourne Lego Users Group) and M>ltc (the Melbourne Lego Train Club) have a website! We can be found at (URL). The site will be updated very soon, but for the time being, feel free (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains.org.mltc, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  BrickFest - Pick A Brick offer

Hi All, BrickFest has arranged a discounted Pick-a-Brick (PAB) Case Pack (aka bulk) program with LEGO retail thru the Potomac Mills Outlet. This is a special deal for BrickFest attendees only. The elements will be sold by the case. Each case (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto19: Balance of Power Tentative Ruleset

Hi folks, This is the tentative ruleset for rtlToronto19, a robotics competition run in sunny Toronto, Ontario, Canada for September 2005: (URL) date and location have not been set, but you can be sure it'll happen. So start building. Please (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce)

  SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF

(URL) See (URL) post> for more. -Ted SCLTC (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

SCLTC has claimed a world record for the largest United States flag ever made of LEGO bricks. Built by visitors to the 2005 Orange County Fair during the weekend of July 15 through 17 under the direction of SCLTC, the flag contains the 127,624 LEGO (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Poet and animal sculptures

Hello all, I have two new sculptures. A model of Emily Dickinson, who lived in my hometown of Amherst, Massachusetts: (URL) model of a largish sea turtle (alpha version?): (URL) you enjoy. Judy Miller (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.sculpture) !

  The Brick Testament: Jephthah!

(URL) The Brick Testament> website has been updated today with four new stories from the Biblical book of (URL) Judges>, relating the tale of Israel's eighth judge, Jephthah: (2 URLs) Refuses to Save Israel> (2 URLs) of the Ammonites> (2 URLs) Kills (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.ancient, FTX) !!

  LEGO Factory sets

Hey all, Somehow this one seems to have snuck under the radar. (URL) Jake is showing the microscale sets from the LEGO Factory contest winners on his blog.> There will be three sets. No prices listed as of yet. Bruce (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Random thought of the day

(...) I came to here by searching for quite a while after I read (URL) this post> of you Lenny. I searched because I was deeply impressed by the thought LUGNET could die in two month. And I hadn't even heard about this until now! I personally felt (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  GFLTC NOT at GATS Clearwater this weekend...

GFLTC News, The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) will NOT be displaying at the Great American Train Show (GATS) this weekend (July 16-17, 2005) in Clearwater, Florida. We were just recently informed that they do not have space for us in their (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  Re: BrickFest 2005 Event-Graphic

The BrickFest Event Graphic has been selected and as such you can now see what the event T-shirt will look like. This logo will also be on various other BrickFest items. We received 6 entries for the BrickFest Graphic. I’d like to thank Michael (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Help set a LEGO world record this weekend!

SCLTC and the 2005 Orange County Fair invite our friends in Southern California to help us turn 200,000 red, white, and blue bricks into the world's largest free standing United States Flag this weekend. Construction runs daily from 10:00 to 20:00 (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX) !!

  6 wide autorack

i was finally able to complete a working design for a autorack, pictures are here (URL) moderation) (URL) model is only single level due to size, however i am happy to say you can fit some cars in it, and maybe even a small truck to. (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  BrickFest is less then one month away!

BrickFest 2005 Washington, DC AUGUST 12-14 You don't want to miss the Best Three Days of LEGO fandom! 30 days from today, Pre-Registration ends July 27th. (URL) Build LEGO moments with new acquaintances, meet community members from all over the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.build, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  SCLTC opens at the Orange County Fair!

The Southern California LEGO Train Club's first ever run at the at 2005 Orange County Fair begins today. SCLTC is providing four separate attractions consisting of two displays and two building events: A train layout A flag building record attempt (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  SCLTC Goes Red, White, and Blue (200,000 times)!

SCLTC will manage the construction of the world's largest United States flag made entirely of LEGO bricks at the 2005 Orange County Fair. Members of the public are invited to participate in this record breaking attempt to create a flag 12 feet long (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  TexLUG Austin meeting Sunday 7/10

Folks, Come on by the next Austin TexLUG meeting Sunday, July 10. Bring your latest creations, or share some tips on where you've gotten good deals lately - Target is putting Lego on clearance up in Dallas, hopefully the same is true here in Austin. (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  LPub building instructions for Shovel GBC module

As an exercise to learn the use of Kevin Clague's LPub, I created full building instructions for my (URL) GBC shovel module>. (2 URLs) The instructions are available as an Acrobat PDF (URL) 20 pages booklet> and as a (URL) collection of GIF images>, (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  NMRA layout poster of group areas

Hello LUGNET members, With just a few days left and unless someone else has made a map of the participating groups for the NMRA Cincinnati show I was going to. I continued my super-micro scale of part of COLTC’s display and made a MLCAD render with (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  German and Italian language add-on for MLCad 3.20 available

hi folks, I upgraded the german and italian language add-on for MLCad. the add-ons are now fit for version 3.20. you'll find the .zip-files along with a tutorial for how to change the language interface at: German - (URL) - (URL) w. (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Vikings Soon at Shop-at-Home?

Was just browsing Lego Shop-at-Home and saw that they have a category "Vikings" with a new icon beside it. I happily clicked it but the link goes nowhere.... I'm guessing that this means Canada will have the ability to purchase Viking sets soon! (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce)

  Technic/Mindstorms at BrickFest 2005

BrickFest 2005 event planning and space allocation is in process. It would really help the planning process to get some idea of what competitions you might be planning on entering, and what Technic, Mindstorms or Great Ball Contraption MOCs you be (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  New Information regarding the "Build the Trust" competition at Brickfest

Hey gang, I was asked to pass on the following information in regards to the "Build the Trust" competition occuring this year at Brickfest: “Did we ask for too much in our “Build the Trust” registration? All we really need to know right now is that (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  NMRA show in 1 week!!

In exactly 7 days, no less than 70 AFOLs will begin construction on the ILTCO layout at the National Train Show of the National Model Railroad Association. The NTS will be held in the Cinergy center in Cincinnati, OH. Address: 525 Elm Street, (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.oh)

  360 ° panorama shots and report from 1000steine-Land 2005

Hi all, at the 3rd 1000steine-Land in Berlin we had a new location with lots of separate MOC islands. A guy from www.panoshot.de took some great shots and it will give you a great feeling exploring the exhibition. (2 URLs) 1000steine-Land panoramas (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  ParLUGment Canada Day Display

If you happen to be in the Ottawa area for the annual Canada Day festivities be sure to stop in and say hi! Working in conjunction with the National Capital Commission, ParLUGment will be setting up a LEGO train display in Jacques Cartier Park (just (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: New home for Brickshelf Scan Library

It took a little bit longer than we had hoped, but the scans are now available again. We still need to add the PDF instructions, and the catalogs, but we felt that releasing what we have already would be better than waiting for everything to be (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce.peeron, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !!

  Many thanks!

Hi all, I'd like to thank all of you who have responded to me either on LUGNET or offline with comments and suggestions - I really appeciate them. And thanks for all the kind words and compliments, but I need to give credit to my staff... the (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish.brickjournal)

  A new project...

Hi all, it's with a great deal of pride that I announce the first issue of  (URL)   BrickJournal is a quarterly publication that will focus on the AFOL community with articles about:    • People - the personalities of the community  • Building - the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX) !!

  Mecha Pose Contest Winners

First I'd like to thank all the entrants to the Mecha Pose Contest. All the entries were superb. Eric and I chatted on the phone, dileberated your entries, and decided some winners. So without further ado: ===...=== SMALL MECHA (URL) Leonard Hoffman (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jun-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  *** LDView Version 3.0 RC 1 Released ***

LDView version 3.0 RC 1 is now available for public testing, in both source and binary forms for Windows and Linux. You can find both at the LDView web page on SourceForge.net: (URL) This is a Release Candidate for LDView 3.0. Compared to LDView (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX) !

  It's coming (new hint daily)

Hi- SCLTC is up to something big. We will post a hint daily. You are invited to guess what we are doing. If, by chance, you know what we're doing, then it would not be a guess for you to respond here. Have fun! -Ted Michon SCLTC (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  BrickNebula PodCast #6: Sun Stroke

I am pleased to announce the (URL) BrickNebula> PodCast, (URL) Episode 6: Sun Stroke> In our latest podcast, we both suffer from sun stroke... Oh, and we ramble on about LEGO deals... and a few other things before our Skype connection disintegrates (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, FTX)

  Bricksaic Version 0.1.8

New Version of Bricksaic with way too many new features to list but some highlights include: Can now pick the size of the bricks and plates used to make the LDraw file 2x brick studs up, is now reinforced. which means that tall columns of same width (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  We have an ISD winner!

Greetings from the LEGO Fan group again! Lately we have been making quite a stir in the community, and we're not about to stop yet. Earlier this year, LEGOLAND California hosted a Star Wars® Weekend . Part of this event included 2 Imperial Star (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !

  MOC: Gunther Mech and Landing Platform

Enjoy- (URL) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha) !

  Jacob's LEGO on-line (again)

After a much too long down-time, my web-site is on-line again. The base URL for Jacob's LEGO is now (URL). I hope that all the old links work again, but please contact me, if it seems like something is missing. Play well, Jacob (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce)

  KCCUSA Summer Block Party

(URL) 5 statues together>> As promised in this (URL) teaser> thread... I am happy to (at long last) announce that Milton Train Works™ has been, as overall contractor, with significant help from members of MichLUG, working in partnership with (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.aquazone, FTX) !!

  Announcing the C-C.com CheckMate Chess Contest!

In honor of the new LEGO chess set, I am pleased to announce the Classic-Castle.com CheckMate Chess Contest! (URL) What is the Classic-Castle... ugh... C6 Contest? I'm glad you asked! Category 1: Chess Piece Create a single chess piece, any medieval (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  3 mostly new MOC Galleries

Robonix Folder- A bunch of Bots and Mechs (URL) Folder- Classic Space styled stuff (URL) Folder- What have you MOCs (URL) for the reposting of some of these. I'm new at this. enjoy, Angus (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build)

  New tutorial: How to easily rotate a group of parts in MLCad

Hi folks, rotating a group of parts in MLCad using its rotation point feature can be quite laborious: you have to enter co-ordinates, names, might deal with different points or tweak the exact position on-screen... This tutorial will show you an (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Introducing the LEGO Fan Committee and BrickPortal

There have been a number of posts lately about different organizations, and how these entities are operated. LEGO Fan has been brought up quite a bit as well, and since we recently re-launched the site, we thought it was worth reiterating our goals (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  BrickFest Volunteers!

Come out and get involved. Please note, if you already have offered to help at BrickFest, due to a web glitch, some requests may have not made it to me. Therefore, if you did volunteer to help for BrickFest, and you have not heard from me please (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people)

  Michiana-LUG - Meeting & Table Building Party - Saturday, June 11th, 2005

To All, Michiana-LUG is having a meeting and table building party at Scott Sanburn's house on Saturday, June 11th, 2005. Here are the details: When: Saturday, June 11th. 2005 Time: 9:00AM EST - ? Place: Scott Sanburn's House Address: 55752 Wild Game (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  BrickFest 2005 - Mecha Room Update!

Well people, let's get this show on the road, shall we? First off, I'd like to remind everyone to fill out the MOC Cards on the BrickFest webpage. It's pretty important, since all models with cards get priority for space. If something doesn't have a (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha) !!

  More on BrickFest 2005 Castle Room

Hi all, OK, a little more on Castle Room awards, and a lot more on what should be the centre of attention in the Castle Room. I am of course talking about the CCC display: While Micro and Vig competitions are trans-theme, there will be an award (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact