 Announcements / 1387
1386  |  1388
Subject:
2nd Annual Space Building Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 00:04:17 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Two words BLACKTRON I

That is right, we are going to have a Blacktron I building contest starting
December 1st. (This will give us time to finalize the logistics while you
start planning your MOCs :-)

The categories are:

Regular Categories --
1. Commuter vehicles ala Meteor Monitor: limit of 50 elements
2. Small Ground Vehicles ala Alienator: limit of 100 elements
3. Small Ships ala Invader: limit of 200 elements
4. Bigger Ground Vehicles ala Battrax: limit of 300 elements
5. Bigger Ships ala Renegade: limit of 400 elements
6. Bases ala Message Intercept Base: limit of 600 elements

Style Categories --
7. Unspecified category: no limits except that it must be a "serious" MOC.
8. Ugliest, Wackiest Thing In Space: no limits, weighted towards the humorous.

The rules include:

1. Any MOC may be entered as long as it was not entered in ANY previous contest.

2. Entries may be CAD or real and must consist of only real LEGO© elements.

3. Voting is limited only to those who enter the contest. Failure to vote
disqualifies a participant's entries from winning.

4. CAD MOCs are allowed but cannot include element configurations, or element
colors, impossible to achieve with real world bricks -- bricks need not
necessarily "clutch" each other, but the physical laws of the real world
still apply otherwise. Customization of elements is allowed for the purpose
of including the BT1 logo only -- no other exceptions are made. Fantasy
backgrounds, lens-flare, and similar effects are allowed as long as they do
not alter the MOC's configuration. Any DAT file created during the contest
to satisfy the needs of any single entry must also be made available for the
use of others in a timely fashion (at least two weeks before the end of the
contest) even if the element remains unofficial. The DAT files of CAD MOCs
will be sent to the scrutinizer for reference.

5. Each competitor will vote for one MOC in each category regardless of the
number of entries he/she has.

6. All votes for a disqualified entry will not be able to be reused (we will
only have one round of voting).

7. Amendments to the rules will be decided by Richard Marchetti, Tony
Hafner, Tom Sciortino, and Jude Beaudin.

8. The scrutinizer will be Jude Beaudin who will not be competing nor voting
in the contest.

9. All entries must be submitted by December 31, 2001 00:00 GMT (that is 24
hours before New Year's Eve).

10. All votes must be submitted by January 7, 2002 00:00 GMT.

11. All models mailed to the scrutinizer will not be returned and will
become the property of the scrutinizer.

12. An MOC may only be entered in one category.

The prizes are simple...

NONE!!! Except the pride of knowing you created a winning model.

Further details of the logistics are to follow.

Thanks to all those who will participate in the contest.

Happy Building,

Jude Beaudin
2nd Annual Space Building Contest Scrutinizer

FUT .build.contests