 Ambassadors / 345
Re: LEGO Star Wars Anniversary Set - Help Decide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:29:52 GMT

I vividly remember back in 1999 first seeing the LEGO logo for Episode I (http://www.rebelscum.com/images/legoe1logo.jpg) and being really excited for the minifigs that looked to be in production. Well forward 10 years and we still do not have that cool looking Queen Amidala figure with the big wig and red dress. I know you guys are looking for a UCS style set, and those are awesome in their own right, but some sort of homage to the great minifigures that were made, and the several that were never made, would be just awesome. The remaining bounty hunters, some cantina favorites, jedi council members, clone troopers in different styles and colors. The list just goes on and on.

Not exactly what you had asked for, but that would be my pick for a 10th anniversary celebration.

Scott

In lugnet.ambassadors, Nelson Yrizarry wrote:
   LEGO has asked the Ambassadors to gather information for a new Star Wars set.
Please leave your comments/ideas, and we will pass them on to TLG. Thanks.

LEGO Star Wars will celebrate its 10th anniversary in 2009. It is been 10 fantastic, very successful years, with great models, and very loyal and engaged fans. Thank you for your support and enthusiasm throughout all those years ! To celebrate our anniversary we would like to develop a special Ultimate Collector model at retail price of around 150 USD/EUR. We would like to get your ideas, input as to what model would celebrate our anniversary best and express best LEGO Star Wars values. We are collecting input from different sources including Lucasfilm team. Therefore we can not commit that any model suggested by fans will be launched in 2009, if there is an awesome novelty coming out of Lucasfilm studios. Please share your ideas by answering the following questions:

1. What model do you recommend that LEGO Star Wars launches in October 2009 as celebration of LEGO Star Wars 10th anniversary?

2. Should it be a model in minifigure scale or a big display model?

3. Which key characters / minifigs should be included if the model is minifigure scale?

4. What key functions should be included?

Thank you.