 Adventurers / 188
  Re: Greatest Adventurer Movies

(...) I think you are off by a factor of ten. I think it was more like 4,000 Zulus at Roarke's Drift. Red Imperial soldiers with Pith helmets on them isn't so hard. But 400, 4,000, 40,000, whatever Zulus, good luck! (...) That's what they said to (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Roarke's Drift (Zulu)

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote in message ... (...) Zulus (...) Ok ok. A quick surf tells me it was 139 v 4,000. Maybe it just felt like 40,000 ;-) Has anyone modelled African warriors? Richard Still baldly going... Speak to the Governor at (URL) pi++ (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Greatest Adventurer Movies

Has any one mentioned Alain Quartermain and King Salomon's mines? What was the name of the second picture? I think it was something with "Lost City". Lot of Zulus there too. What about greatest Adventurers books? Christian (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Greatest Adventurer Movies

(...) The Richard Chamberlain/Sharon Stone movies? Dreadful movies. Awful. Terrible. And I like Richard Chamberlain. Allan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold. King Solomon's Mines. Golan and Globus productions: enough said to the wise. Bruce A (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Roarke's Drift (Zulu)

(...) I have not, but lord knows I want to. If you find anyone that has and can get pictures let me know. I will do the same for you. I had thought to use paint and regular head and body pieces along with Islander gear, but something still seems (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Greatest Adventurer Movies

(...) City (...) Hi fellow adventurers, While I agree with Bruce that the Quartermain movies stink they still must be considered because the fit the genre perfectly. I guess the best that could be said of them is that they are an extremely (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Greatest Adventurer Books

(...) I would have to say that Jules Verne, Joseph Conrad, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle turned in some heavy weights in that category. How about the rest of you? Mark L (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Roarke's Drift (Zulu)

(...) Zulu warriors, hhhhmmmmmmmm. Yellow minifigs, hhhmmm...mmm. They seem a might.....pale? :-) Bruce (NO! Let's not debate that! Please!) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Greatest Adventurer Movies

(...) Oh, alright. With your caveat, of course. :-) (...) Oh, dang. I printed it out and it is being passed around at work. I think you can find it at www.thestinkers.com. It was frightening how many on the list I have seen, but also reassuring that (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Roarke's Drift (Zulu)

(...) it. (...) Shame on you Bruce, You missed the reference to PAINT in my sentence. I had the most noble of intentions in my statement. I was thinking more along the lines of a grass skirt, new headpiece, etc. Not anything else, I assure you. And (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Roarke's Drift (Zulu)

(...) I thought you were refering to painting a proper shield. Break a spear in half for an assegi. I'd start with Islanders and simply accept that whatever resulted was a vague approximation. Bruce (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Roarke's Drift (Zulu)

(...) half (...) It is hard to accept vague approximations after going to the craigo-lego site, my gosh those customs are dead-on. I am going to start really trying for 100% accuracy (or as close as those lil' lego parts allow). What is lost in (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Roarke's Drift (Zulu)

(...) ~ something that i did to augment my islanders, even though i was thinking "zulu".... i removed printing from a pair of royal knights teardrop sheilds and used some zebra stripe stickers (from #260 lego idea book, cut to fit, there's enough to (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Roarke's Drift (Zulu)

(...) Painting my minifigs would defeat the purpose of my getting Lego - the whole idea (for me) is so that I won't be straining my eyes any further painting miniature figures. But that's me. I intend to experiment with my inkjet printer and (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Roarke's Drift (Zulu)

(...) Thanks for the ideas Craig. Any ideas on straw skirts? LMK Mark L (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Minifig Modification

(...) All hail Shaka the Mighty! Hey Bruce what are you going to be using the transfer paper for? Let me hear your ideas, because if they could be implemented and save me the trouble of painting I am all for it. More later.... Mark L (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Roarke's Drift (Zulu)

Mark Lindsey wrote in message ... (...) scale (...) on (...) Cool! Richard Still baldly going... Speak to the Governor at (URL) pi++ is,ia-]++ AD++ NI+ TO---- S+ LS- A+ LM- YB66m :-) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Minifig Modification

(...) Shields. Why paint twenty the same way when I can do it once on a computer and then cut it out and stick it on? Lego shields are flat, which is perfect. I can pick the most unwanted shields in an auction and buy those, then slap on my own (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Minifig Modification

(...) and (...) my (...) Hey Bruce, What themes are you thinking of doing stickers for? I know I'd love to have some for Adventurers, Pirates, Islanders, and even Town sets. One I'd really like is a mummy print (you know a bunch of yellowed rags (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Minifig Modification

(...) Castle - that's about the only line with shields, and it has a large number of ugly shield and torso designs (IMHO). Most everything else is adequate to my current needs. I also have some canvas designed for inkjet printers that I hope to make (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Roarke's Drift (Zulu)

(...) well, the islanders are all already wearing painted on grass skirts, n'est ce pas? ~ what do you mean? for zulu women head/ hairpieces, id suggest the white wild west bandanna (or blue from the new adv. line) turned upside down on top of the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Minifig Modification

(...) Wow! Let me know how that canvas printing works out for you. If all is successful you should think about offering the service or product up for sale here. You could probably recoup most of your costs, and I know that a lot of people would be (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Roarke's Drift (Zulu)

In lugnet.adventurers, Craig Hamilton writes:> (...) I was wanting a sculpted skirt. Which brings up the question, did any lego set EVER have and accessory that fit between the torso and legs pieces? Just wondering. (...) Great ideas for the hair. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)