 Administrative / Suggestions / 1402
Re: Help Wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:32:36 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Chris Magno wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:

I'm also playing around with the idea to push top-stories from the german Forum
directly to the loc.de group and the other way round. If I get this working, it
could be also useful for other groups. Of course, I'm not trying to mirror other
site's complete discussions here, but an important "root" message from another
list/board/forum could also cause interesting discussions in the equivalent
LUGNET newsgroup.

About what you just proposed:  Even though you qualified your thought with a
posting to the .de group, how long would it be before outrageous topics and "non
events" from other forums were to make its way to the top stories here at
lugnet?

We already have a lot of non-Lego flame wars making the top list; will we now be
inundated with flame wars from other forums as well?

Hi Chris,

this will not happen. To make such cross-posts possible, it needs to be prepared
on both sites, here at LUGNET and at the counterpart site. Such a co-operation
is not possible automatically and it will never be. Somebody has to be
responsible for filtering, either in the corresponding group here at LUGNET or a
very trustful person over there. And even if certain messages qualify, members
here at LUGNET have to decide whether they highlight or spotlight an article.

To be honest, currently I don't think of further lugnet groups which would need
input from other sites.  Loc.de is a dead area, but since I know a few Germans
who dislike web-based discussion, the idea came up to route interesting postings
from the 1000steine-Forum into the loc.de group.

Leg Godt!
Rene