 Administrative / Suggestions / 1397
Re: Help Wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:50:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Rene Hoffmeister wrote:
Sounds good, though I would like to check the ToU first whether we
should slightly change them at any points.

The ToU definitely need an update. They do not reflect several changes in
policy, especially regarding market traffic (standing policy seems to
discourage ANY market traffic outside the appropriate lugnet.market group,
but the ToU only explicitly address auctions - therefore strongly implying
that other market traffic is definitely allowed in other areas).

I think refreshing the ToU and making a big deal of it as part of the
transition would be an opportunity to shut down one of the sources of flame
wars here. As part of refreshing the ToU, I would suggest defining a process
for raising complaints that steers people away from the level of community
policing that we currently have (in other words, if people were encouraged
to e-mail an admin or something instead of speaking out in the newsgroup, we
would have less of the "you don't have the authority to say that, and gee, 5
years ago you did XYZ so how do you even have any standing to complain"). As
part of this, I could see deputizing curators to at least handle first level
of warnings in their respective groups (but if a polite note from a curator
is not enough to satisfy the issue, then one of the admin team should be
involved).

Just some thoughts.

Frank