 Administrative / Suggestions / 1394
1393  |  1395
Subject:
Help Wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:47:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I made this page in 2002:
  http://news.lugnet.com/admin/helpwanted

Some help might still be needed. What do people think? Are these needs worth
pursuing? Would it be helpful to update the list and publicize it? Although I am
no longer a LUGNET administrator, perhaps I could be of some help in gathering
volunteers.

Rene, could you use help?

Some ideas:
- Translation of text. Like, the Terms of Use?
- People to volunteer as "lobby monitors". A designated person to simply be seen
online during a specified time period, to answer questions and enforce the rules
when needed (like, handling problem posters).
- A volunteer team of developers to run a code-writing initiative. They would
work together to fix bugs (with Jerry?) and add the long-desired site features.

Over the years, I received offers of help from many people. But it has been a
long time now. Some of those people moved on to build ther own websites. I am
wondering who might still be interested in helping LUGNET.

Please add your comments, everyone...

-Suz