 Administrative / Suggestions / 1396
Re: Help Wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:12:41 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:

I'm also playing around with the idea to push top-stories from the german Forum
directly to the loc.de group and the other way round. If I get this working, it
could be also useful for other groups. Of course, I'm not trying to mirror other
site's complete discussions here, but an important "root" message from another
list/board/forum could also cause interesting discussions in the equivalent
LUGNET newsgroup.

SNIP
Leg Godt!
Rene

Hello, Rene,

I've been watching with amazement at the alarming rate at how fast things are
changing here. Most are for the good.  Heck, all seem to be for the good.

So, a thank you to you and your crew.

but...

About what you just proposed:  Even though you qualified your thought with a
posting to the .de group, how long would it be before outrageous topics and "non
events" from other forums were to make its way to the top stories here at
lugnet?

We already have a lot of non-Lego flame wars making the top list; will we now be
inundated with flame wars from other forums as well?

It looks to me like there are bigger plans in the works; I was wondering if you
wouldn't mind sharing?

Again, I, and im sure the community, thank you for taking up the torch that is
the uniqueness of LUGNET.

Chris
# 91