 Administrative / NNTP / 471 (-20)
  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) theme (...) I'm certainly confused. A few months ago people were citing the Cluetrain Manifesto and begging for LEGO to talk to us. Now we want to box them into one little space on LUGNET because all LEGO wants is (gasp!) money. I certainly (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) I think you're rationalising away the significant roadblocks you have erected. ++Lar (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Well, if that's the case, them I'm being ignored for wanting to give money away, too ;-) Or, at least, to get Todd to collect that 50$ I sent him half a year ago.... (...) Regards, Hakan (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) If you really care about a response, you can post it in lugnet.lego.direct. Lugnet.dear-lego has always been for letters you don't really expect/want/need an answer to. It predates LEGO's presence on Lugnet by... well, shoot, a couple years, (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) That's a curious way of phrasing it. I'll assume you just chose poorly. But to clarify, this wasn't a suggestion I made, or in any way my idea- it took me as much by surprise as everyone else. I just happen to think it was a *good* idea. So, (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) On the surface, yes, it sounds that way. But I doubt he meant it that way. For whatever reason, some people here need to be constantly reminded that not everyone who works for LEGO is a LEGO fan. They aren't all bringing home bricks every (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) John, I never implied or insinuated that it was evil or that there was anything wrong with it. It's simply a fact that's worth being aware of. Ah, for the good old days online back in 1994 when life as a fan was so simple, and the community (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) We seem to be having a very major communications problem here. Obsolete stock is a manufacturing and retail sales term that basically means something that's not in production anymore and is sitting around in the warehouse or shelves taking up (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) As the other Eric posting to this thread, I can say that I certainly don't want LEGO to go away, either! I'm very glad they want to participate in Lugnet, and I'm very happy that they want to announce special deals and sales... but I'm also (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) Sorry Todd, but you seem to say that in a negative tone and I don't see a reason for that! We all know that LEGO is a company and therefor wants to make money [1]. But what's wrong with that? Remember that LU(gnet) is a place for LEGO USERS so (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I can't access LUGNET through nntp today

(...) ah ha! thank you much, slrn will be reconfigured tonight :) but that doesn't explain why I couldn't cancle my own post with netscape, does it? my link posted to .trains, I tried to cancle it, but still got the "new uesrs" message... but I (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) So we'd love to have Walmart.com start posting here about Lego sets they have available? Or KBKids or Amazon or ZanyBrainy? If anyone would be here for one reason only (i.e., our money) it would be retailers who happen to sell Lego sets. They (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) Todd, you make it sound as if you think that is evil. "Never forget they're after your money." You are after our money too. You aren't evil. Maybe they want us to play with and enjoy owning Lego bricks. Would you prefer they were a non-profit (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  NNTP vs Web Interface (was Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

I've been thinking about another aspect of this whole thing. Unless I misread something and TLC will not be allowed to reply to a post which is posted to a non .lego area, what this really amounts to is yet another example of discrimination against (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) The only part of LUGNET that has the mandate of opening the lines of communication between LEGO and it's fans is .lego.* So here we have the owner of LUGNET wanting to reinforce this, which is not that far off of a debate about people (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) That has to be the lamest excuse I have heard. No post can be "put in your face". People have a choice as to what threads they want to read and not to read. What is the difference between Jake posting a message and JimJoeBob posting the same (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) BUT - when kids write a letter to Santa, there will be no response because there is no Santa (hope I did not burst any bubbles) - and when we write a letter to Lego we would like a response because the can (well, were) able to reply - they (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) So do not open the posts, you have every right to pass them over. (...) WHOA! Are you honestly trying to tell us that: A) Lego would not have been able to sell these sets outside of Lugnet? I very much doubt they would have any prob selling (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Correctomundo. --Todd (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Wow, after a long day of reading and writing papers for school - that one made my head spin, lol - let me see if i understood it correctly: We can post there, but we can not repspond to another one of our posts? And, As long as there is a lego (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact