 Administrative / NNTP / 457
Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 12:33:57 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Mark Papenfuss writes:

So do not open the posts, you have every right to pass them over.

WHOA! Are you honestly trying to tell us that:
    A)  Lego would not have been able to sell these sets outside of
        Lugnet? I very much doubt they would have any prob selling these
        sets elsewhere.
    B)  The Fort Legoredo's are obsolete and nobody wants them? This too,
        could not be further from the truh.
    C)  They try to "dump" stuff on us? Do we not want things like this?
        If this is them trying to dump things on us, let me be a dump site!
My mind is boggled you would even consider calling Lego a "company acting
opportunistically to dump obsolete stock" I am not sure how to take this,
the more and more I read, the more I think there is a really big chip - or
lego - on your shoulder, and that chip is the lego company. And it is really
tainting your actions.  After reading the post that another part of this
thread linked to (the post Suz wrote) I am asking myself what the big
problem is? You may say there is no problem, but I *think* that is a fantasy
in itself. This is a fan created website, so I am assuming you are a fan of
Lego, but your actions toward the lego company (and only the lego company)
in no way demonstrate that you are a fan of the Lego company. Am I correct
in the assumption that you like LEGOS but hate, no check that, *dislike* the
Lego company? That is the face you are showing not only to us, but the
employees of lego, and the company itself.

The only part of LUGNET that has the mandate of opening the lines of
communication between LEGO and it's fans is .lego.*

So here we have the owner of LUGNET wanting to reinforce this, which is not
that far off of a debate about people flogging. And unlike that, Todd can
easily remedy this, so he has.

<sarcasm>
Boo Hoo, LEGO employees have to change email addresses if posting officially
or not. STOP THE WORLD WE WANNA GET OFF!!!

The only reason why Todd would ever want to define lines is because he is
bitter...

</sarcasm>

No, Todd did this because he wants to go through the trouble of improving
LUGNET. If we take a look at recent posts from Todd, I would suspect that he
wants to do some reorganizing, a subject that has been there since the end
of the classic themes and sub-themes hierarchy in LEGO System. Don't forget,
Todd seems like the kind of guy who puts his socks in the drawer in order of
colour. <grin>

Jude