 Administrative / General / 5997
Re: POST vs. GET (was: Re: IGNORE: yet another test message)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 01:28:10 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Well, maybe we can do both.  Depends on the bandwidth and frequency of calls.

Well, I think it'd happen whenever slrn grabs headers for a newsgroup. That
too much? (That would be in the case where there were a cgi which would take
a list of articles [1] and return all values somehow. If it were a one
request, one result sorta deal, I'd do it as each article is displayed. [2])

Hmm. If you don't like this at all, and I decide that I want to take a break
from what I'm devoting most of my waking hours to [3] perhaps the thing for
me to do is create a daemon which A) gets streaming updates from lugnet in
the format you provide and B) translates to the responses I want.

That way, I'd take responsibility for CPU load/bandwidth.... [4]

[1] perhaps in pseudo-newsrc style? like: 1449,1452-1455,1460
[2] obviously way less desirable
[3] <http://www.bu.edu/computing/linux/>
[4] of course, it would certainly be nicer if you'd do it. *grin*