 Administrative / General / 5979
Re: POST vs. GET (was: Re: IGNORE: yet another test message)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 04:33:35 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

[snip long good explanation]

So, something like that.  Each time an article's rating changes, it needs to
flag that article with the timestamp of the change, and then be able to spit
back that article as part of a list of articles whose ratings have changed
past some specified timestamp.

nod, exactly what I meant.  I was afraid you meant something like:

lugnet.foo.bad:5321 80
lugnet.foo.bad:5321 40
lugnet.foo.bad:5321 70
lugnet.foo.bad:5321 50
lugnet.foo.bad:5321 -80  (a rating of 80 removed)
lugnet.foo.bad:5321 20

etc...  which leaves the client having to keep the state.

btw, do you care if the client doesn't rate in "nice" numbers?  Can a
client rate an article "87"?  Cause even though html doesn't have a
slide bar element, a GUI can...

:)

Dan