 Administrative / General / 5977
Re: POST vs. GET (was: Re: IGNORE: yet another test message)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 04:25:59 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Oh! I am thinking of "rating" as the number displayed with a message on
the web site.

Me too.  (What did you think I was thinking about?)

A set of data resulting in that number.

Are you saying that you'd spit out the entire rating history of
the message, for the client to do something with? Hmmm.....

Yeh.  For streaming clients, so they can update their ratings in an
extremely time and bandwidth-efficient way.

Yah, the picture is becoming clear. I don't (yet) want anything so
sophisticated....