 Administrative / General / 5972
Re: POST vs. GET (was: Re: IGNORE: yet another test message)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 04:08:52 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:

Dan Boger <dan@giccs.georgetown.edu> wrote:
Another thought though, instead of giving the "rating log" from a
timestamp, give us the _full_ rating of messages that changed since a
timestamp.  It'll make it simpler to deal with things like "UnRate" and
will also cut down on the amt of data sent...
Thoughts?

All I really want is a number representing the current
cumulative-to-this-point score -- like what's displayed on the web page.

I think you'll be able to get that from the message headers, when you
look it up... but most cases the message when you read it first will
have a rating of 50 - assuming you get it as soon as it's posted, no one
would have had a chance to rate it yet...  that's why you need to be
able to look up ratings after the initial download.

:)

Dan