 Administrative / General / 4210
Re: Newsgroups for LUGs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:08:24 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Kingsley writes:

I know when this first came up I said that I would love one for NELUG and I
still do.  For now crossposting and the mailing-list work but a NELUG group
would help consolidate things and it would not clutter all of the .loc groups
with NELUG posts and they can go back to being used for local news.

Last week I e-mailed Todd asking if WAMALUG could have it's own group, but I
haven't gotten a response yet.  Although, I don't think I saw Todd posting as
much as usual, so maybe he's been busy?

Ouch is right!  I like the current lugnet.org.us.**lug hierarchy and it is set
up well to handle the groups.  I guess where it gets messy is when you start
talking about lugnet.trains.org.**ltc.  Is that where the train clubs would
rather be or should they move over to lugnet.org.us.**ltc so that all groups
are in the same hierarchy.  I don't really have a feel for it but I am sure
Todd has some ideas.

WAMALUG would be happy with a lugnet.org.us.wamalug.

Jeff