 Administrative / General / 4203
Re: Newsgroups for LUGs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 14:46:12 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Kingsley writes:

As far as the subgroups go you bring up a good point.  I could see NELUG
possibly needing a org.us.nelug.ma, org.us.nelug.ct, etc. in the future
although at present it is not necessary but groups like NELUG and GMLUG that
cover wide geographic areas may need some breakdown so that regional meetings
can be discussed.

It's a bit of a pity, because although that structure allows you to have the
NELUG base /org/us/nelug/ to contain all the individual group messages, it
begins to start looking a little bit messy, especially when you have
/org/us/nelug/ma/bos/ etc.

At the moment, I know that /loc/it/ and /loc/uk/ discuss all of their org-stuff
there, so would it be possible or desirable to have urls like:

<http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/> Gives you *everything* in the US
<http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/?org=nelug> Gives you all US nelug messages
<http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/?org=baylug> Gives you all US baylug messages
<http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ma/bos/?org=nelug> All Boston nelug messages
<http://www.lugnet.com/loc/?org=nelug> nelug taking over the world messages

This has probably been discussed before - sorry if I'm just repeating :)

Richard