 Administrative / General / 4200
Re: Newsgroups for LUGs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 06:09:41 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general "Larry Pieniazek" <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
And one that I (really!) would not like to see implemented, for two reasons.

1. automatic crossposting is, in general, a bad idea, as has been discussed
here at length before. Too easy to get unintended results, too hard to maintain
the posting decision code to handle all the special cases. Is this the best use
of Todd's time?

2. I think there is about to be an explosion of LUGs and LTCs and some may
overlap in scope and in geography. (for instance, there has been talk of a
Michigan LUG which would be subordinate to GMLUG) This seems rife with peril.

I read gmlug and nelug for lug news. I read loc.us.mi for michigan news. The
two are not interchangable.

That's my opinion.

Ok, but AFAIK there aren't any lug newsgroups right now.  There should
at least be newsgroups for LUGs and LTCs made under the appropriate
heirarchy.

lugnet.org.us.gmltc
lugnet.org.us.gmlug
lugnet.org.us.nelug