 Administrative / General / 4199
Re: Parsing Pause database
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:01:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bram Lambrecht writes:
evard@mcs.anl.gov (Remy Evard) writes:
Bram, check out:
  http://www.lugnet.com/pause/lists.html

I think the files referenced on those pages are already basically
in the format you're looking for.  That's where bynumber.txt
comes from.

Thanks.  I'll see what I can do with it...

Done.  I wrote a little C program, which grabbed everything I needed from the
bynumber.txt file almost instantly (for 168 sets).  For some reason, it
couldn't handle 3 digit numbers, but there were only three of those, so I
copied them manually.  Now I'm playing with my LEGO statistics in Excel :)
From the sets for which I have most of the info:
32956 total pieces
269 minifigs
--Bram