 Administrative / General / 4194
4193  |  4195
Subject:
Newsgroups for LUGs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 20:10:15 GMT

I have an idea (which may or may not have been thought of, posted
before) that I feel would greatly aid LUGs and their members.  Could
LUGNET add newsgroups for all the LUGs who want them and have them
automagically crosspost to the regional groups they represent?  For
example, we could have

lugnet.org.us.gmlug crosspost to:

lugnet.loc.us.il
lugnet.loc.us.in
lugnet.loc.us.oh
lugnet.loc.us.wi
lugnet.loc.us.mi
lugnet.loc.us.mn

and lugnet.org.us.nelug crosspost to:

lugnet.loc.us.me
lugnet.loc.us.nh
lugnet.loc.us.vt
lugnet.loc.us.ct
lugnet.loc.us.ma
lugnet.loc.us.ri

etc...

This would help greatly because then someone would only need to post
to the lug's newsgroup and all the local groups would get the same
post, therefore covering the local area of the LUG.

Just a thought that i'd (really!) like to see implimented.

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne