 Administrative / General / 4209
Re: FTX Questions..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:01:59 GMT

If you look at <http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?p=shops-by-area> you'll
probably see my other problems - is there any way, or is there any way
planned to get rid of the embedding lines? Maybe adding a character to the
beginning <<!/loc/uk/blah/snorf>> ?

Hmm, not sure yet on that; the lines are connected to the dot on the right
which is supposed to help highlight the transclusion and provide a link to
the transcluded document.  Just as the main Spotlight page transcludes the
dailies to make a meta-page.

I'm definately agreed that you want the lines sometimes - they work well on the
Spotlight pages, but not so well on my shopping pages? Or maybe if it's all
going to be put into a database that will format everything nicely anyway, I
should just grin and bear it for now?

Also, the tables are nearly impossible to read at present - being able to
define column widths in tabs or percentages would be great! Being able to
add colour to the columns would be nice too, but nowhere near as important
(readability wise) as having uniform widths!

I'll hafta re-do the way tables work from the ground up, so that they're tied
in with an HDB or something, in order to fix this right.

You don't 'hafta' do anything :) Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead! Once most of
the data is in there, then it can either be parsed into a database, or the
lines and tables can be tweaked to make it more pretty?

Richard