 Administrative / General / 1972
Re: memberships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 18:29:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Stanley writes:
Jeff Johnston <sakura@mediaone.net> wrote:
Or even if I had to upload the inventory of the set, and then tell it how
many copies, etc.

This would arguably be more valuable, since it means you could easily save
out the parts you buy the set(s) for.

Heck, I'd be happy if it were just a brick auction place that I could run an
auction at.  But then again, I think anything I ran would be at a slightly
smaller scale than AucZILLA or even JABA...still, it'd let me pick up • multiple
Anakin's Podracers for the cool Padme hair and a few other pieces, and not
wonder what to do with all of the leftovers...

Hrmmm... maybe I dreamed this, but at one time I thought it would work
like this:

You tell it you have 8 copies of 6097.

It spits out an inventory of those sets.
You mark the parts you _don't_ want (say the cauldrons and horse
barding).
The system then generates a list of lots, maybe asking you what type
of sizes you want (full spread - 2,4,6, etc or maybe larger lots but
less of them)...

I'm rambling, dunno.

As long as I can set the lot sizes myself if I don't like what it comes up
with, I'll be happy, too.  Also, I hope there is a database of LDraw part
images we can access and add to, if need be.

Jeff

P.S.  I'd try it out too, if it is ready soon.  :)