 Administrative / General / 1414
Re: Lugnet.cad.dat heirarchy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 18:06:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, dennett@agate.net (SCOTT R  DENNETT) writes:
I mean when you go to type and post a new message, and by lists
I meant newsgroups.  That way you can just choose what newsgroup(s)
you wan the message to go to, rather than typing each one. Is that
clearer?

Ah.  Yes, that is much clearer.  Unfortunately, the pull-down list would
have to contain either all 650+ newsgroups (over 20KB of HTML data) or would
have to remember a list of frequently used newsgroups on a user-by-user
basis.  The first option is out of the question.  The second one, we can do
later.  Good idea, though...thanks for bringing it up.

We'll probably also have some sort of drop-down list in the upper-right of
every page where you can give a list of commonly accessed areas of the site,
for quick jumps.

--Todd