 Administrative / General / 12860 (-20)
  Re: LUGNET members association

(...) Sounds like the double standard again. I was called to town for asking users to respect Admins, and everyone said there is no way to police whether people respect us or not. And now you're trying to call Larry out because he doesn't respect (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET members association

(...) Is saying someone wigged out a personal attack? Is it beaving to a different standard? DOesn't sound like you are unpholdin' to you own rules. You commiteed to do better. Kevin (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) You know, I have to agree on this. This would be a great step forward in understanding whether the communication taking place is with the admin Hat on or the admin Hat off. It seems like such a small thing, but it would go a long way in (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) There's no faulting flowing from this direction, merely a statement that there's a problem at the user's end. (...) Sorry, why not? I'm not clear on that really. If a user has a malformed or malfunctioning mail, why isn't that the user's issue (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET members association

(...) Is that really a problem? I agree at some point *you* may wish to stop arguing, but why ask everyone else to? I think the problem with saying "The decision stands, we don't see the point of people discussing further" (or in fact ANY way of (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: LUGNET members association

(...) Well, as long as it was Scott, it was easy enough to disregard. It was just Scott, after all, noted button pusher. But when we get this mistrust from people we used to respect before they wigged out, or people we still do want to respect for (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) I don't know? Be aware that your emails might not be getting where you send them, and not fault the user for it? It's STILL not the users' issue to solve. (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET members association

(...) Yeah, I don't believe this. The LPRV is a great example. The Admins gathered a group of people and said, we trust you guys! We want to know what you think! And then, seemingly out of nowhere, they started accusing the Admins of creating a (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET members association

(...) Wow. You're right Ross, that is worded much better. That reminds me, I probably shouldn't be posting this right now without my lawyer being present. There might be some minor misunderstanding that prompts endless accusations at my character (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

(...) What, you haven't been reading all two hundred posts over the past few days and the four hundred emails discussing how best to respond. (...) Well thanks Chris. Maybe you could tell us what that 'something' is that you're waiting for? (...) (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) OK. But it isn't set up NOW, is it? If so, what then? (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) I'd recommend setting it up so it'll work then. I can think of a few ways to do this. However, it doesn't change the point that it's up to LUGNET to make sure the admins can send email to users, assuming the user has actually provided a valid (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Legends of Todd

(...) Rosa Parks did what she did because the establishment was not interested in hearing her voice. Lugnet Admins, on the other hand, have always be interested in hearing the voices of all members and users of Lugnet. I don't see the need for civil (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Yes. However the LUGNET server doesn't currently have the capabilty to send (originate) mail, does it? That was how I read what you said before. In that case, if it's true that it can't, what then? (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) I think Kevin does have a working email? Unless you want to define working as "has to be able to accept email from whatever domains/servers the admins happen to use". I would define it as "able to accept email from the LUGNET server and not (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Context: LUGNET is not a democracy

(...) ...and that is why he will not stand down even when it is the right thing to do... he is here for our good! lol. His nefarious activities are good for us! IMO, it is time the other admins had a quiet word with him. (...) Don't be a fool. It is (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Posting Policy Changes

(...) I ain't touchin' that one. (...) Okay, jut as soon as you can get to those, he'd appreciate it. He'll probably read this shortly. Thanks again, -Stefan- (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Policy Changes

(...) I've been so busy reading all the posts saying what a terrible person I am and how everything I do is bad for LUGNET that I haven't had a chance to do approvals for a few days, and it looks like I'm the only person that seems to do them. (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Posting Policy Changes

On behalf of a friend (Jeff - builder of the Salamis MOC), I've been asked to tell you that he has been waiting almost three days for posting changes to take affect and he'd like an ETA on that please. Thank you, -Stefan- (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact