 Administrative / General / 12714
    Re: I resign from the LPRV committee —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) No. I was very upset by Kevin's post - specifically how he characterized me (aka Jacko-dmin), and the other admins. I went through five different drafts. I don't think this was the best responce possible, but I wanted to do something - rather (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: I resign from the LPRV committee —Orion Pobursky
     (...) Understandable in light of the situation. However, heat of the moment replies have typically gotten me in trouble in the past (one word: draconian) which is why I waited to reply to Kevin's post. I think this is good advice for all Lugnet (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: I resign from the LPRV committee —Leonard Hoffman
      (...) Being a History major, I can tell you that there is no such thing as a 'no spin story.' Every narrative carries with it the prejudices and biases of the story teller - every story has a point-of-view. In the West, we have worked very hard (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: I resign from the LPRV committee —Kevin L. Clague
     In lugnet.admin.general, Orion Pobursky wrote: Orion, Give me a call and I'll tell you the truth as I know it. Kevin (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: I resign from the LPRV committee —Kevin L. Clague
     (...) Lenny, Please elucidate where you know factually that I was wrong. (...) This issue *is not* about me. (...) Lenny, you presume much about my motivations. I'd prefer that you speak only for yourself. The timing of the writing of the document (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general) !

         Re: I resign from the LPRV committee —Kevin L. Clague
     Lenny, I'm still waiting for a response to this post. It has many questions directed specifically to you, including a request for specifics about the generalized comment that I am a liar. You claim you suspended Chris based on his LUGNET behavior, (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Legends of Todd —David Eaton
   (...) Ok, I'm going to say again what I've been saying privately-- I wholeheartedly disagree. People want to see what's going on. That's how communities work. My current view on the LTT is that they're trying to turn Lugnet into a cold-exteriored (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

        Re: Legends of Todd —David Koudys
     In lugnet.admin.general, David Eaton wrote: <snip> (...) I completely concur with everything DaveE just stated (as if that's worth anything...) Dave K (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) An excellent post, Dave. A few things I want to touch on - the Admins' basic idea of how the P&P process would work is essentially what you described here. We write it, work on it. Share it with a few people and get their input, get the (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Orion Pobursky
   (...) I posted this already but this is not the impression that I got from the announcement post or various other conversions with those involved. The impression I got was that the committee was going to generate the P&P and then it would be (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) Isn't it possible for people to discuss something even if it is currently being implemented? Or is it the point that something should be submitted to the community before implementation just for the sake of it? In which case, does the (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Marc Nelson Jr.
     (...) Not if the policy being implemented has the effect of inhibiting discussion or making that discussion irrelevant. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

         Re: Legends of Todd —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) I'm sorry Marc, but the idea of Admins inhibiting discussion on Lugnet is laughable. When have we ever done that or attempted to do that? Admins cannot force edits or cancels - but can only do so when requested by a member. And if the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Orion Pobursky
   (...) In my opinion, no, especially if the implementation directly affect those whould would discuss it. For example: The club you belong to forms a committee to review the dress code. It just so happens (by coincidenece) that everyone on the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) To me, "abiding by the unfair ban while arguing with the committee" is a worthwhile thing to do. Since, this might happen even if the policy is submitted to the membership. TO use your example - what if you are gone on the day the ban is (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Tony Alexander
   (...) Using an example from our history, Rosa Parks sat where she dam-well pleased; had she abided, things would be much different now. Free expression of ideas has for some time now been stifled on LUGNET - Opposing viewpoints, regardless of (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) Rosa Parks did what she did because the establishment was not interested in hearing her voice. Lugnet Admins, on the other hand, have always be interested in hearing the voices of all members and users of Lugnet. I don't see the need for civil (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Tony Alexander
   (...) Again, I'm at work, and can't give this better attention until tonight if I get the chance, but: While this may be true in theory, it seems that many here **think** that the establishment is not interested in their opinions, and may feel (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)