 Administrative / General / 12615 (-20)
  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Hmmm I just tried this and got no ads and no shuffling, even when I'm not logged in. Maybe Kevin has temporarily disabled the ads to work on it? ROSCO (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) What defines "old"? Is it a certain time period, or is it just things that are no longer available on lego.com (does this affect Legends, BTW)? Bruce (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Yes, we do have permission to publish "old" instructions on Brickshelf.com. Any request to change that policy to cover recent sets should be directed to Jake. (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Hi Kevin, This would be cool. Will there be restrictions on what scans can be uploaded--i.e., will it be restricted to sets of a certain age, or sets that are no longer available on Lego.com? Or could someone run to the store, grab the most (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) We have no forums at Brickshelf so Lugnet is the best place to discuss things like this. You can also send questions/suggestions to support@brickshelf.com. Kevin (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Hi Kevin, Thanks for responding. I appreciate that the change was an experiment, and I figured that there was probably some rationale behind it. Was this change ever announced or described somewhere? If so, I imagine that my comments merely (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) The current system for updating the scan library is obviously not working, but I have a fix: Soon anyone with a Brickshelf account will be able to upload to the scan library. I'm still working on the details for how to handle them after they (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) The randomizing of the recent pages was an experiment the 23 folders on each recent page were randomized but it still had the appropriate 23 folders by modification date. There have been some complaints so it is back to modification order. The (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Before December, what percentage of MOCs announced on Lugnet were in .space? Is it possible that part of the problem is that the most active group of builders (and possibly highlighters) has moved to another site? I don't mean to imply that (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) I'm a paying member, didn't realise you were not. (I figured the people raising functionality concerns were paying members)... I'll try to try to remember to try it tonite. I forget where we should talk about BrickShelf functionality... prolly (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) No dice. I logged in and the content still shuffles. Maybe if you are a PAYING member, the functionality is suppressed? (URL) I know that it suppresses the ads though. -Duane (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Hmm, that suggests a test... what happens if you're logged in? Logging in suppresses ads I thought, so MAYBE suppresses shuffle too? (...) Nod. I expect that's a common feeling. (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) I find it especially bothersome when there has been one or two new additions and the page gets shuffled. The one or two additions get lost in all of the "old" thumbnails. It creates the illusion among the uninitiated that there is a lot of new (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

Hey, Just wanted to second the idea of excluding unreviewed posts from making the highlight lists. A couple of times recently I have posted MOCs and then been pleasantly surprised to see them on the highlight list the next time I went to Lugnet. But (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) I just now noticed this for myself. It used to be that the position of the add on each page would sequentially shuffle the order of the thumbnails depending on which frame it appeared in, but now the order seems random. I would bet that what (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Um, I encourage people to spotlight posts every chance I get... (...) Adjusting spotlight weights isn't changing the whole scheme, though, is it? Spotlight weights have been around for a very long time and they get periodically adjusted. (...) (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Point taken. There are a number of issues that LUGNET is struggling with, but this certainly is one of them. (...) Left that dangling... I agree that it doesn't. Personally I think it might be desireable to not consider posts that didn't get (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) I see this as being a key distinction. It's a perk of membership. If a person wants to be able to influence the focus of spotlights, they should become a member, otherwise the general lay visitor is stuck with what the members feel is (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) I agree that people not highlighting isn't necessarily a bad thing, UNLESS those people then complain about what shows up in the spotlight. Instead of encouraging those dissatisfied people to highlight more often, the admins rejiggered the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) That's not really actionable, sorry. At least not for me anyway. (...) Great suggestions. However, they weren't clear to me, no... That is, they didn't jump out at me AS SUGGESTIONS at all. I've asked that posts that should be tracked as (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact