 Administrative / General / 12608
Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:12:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Shaun Sullivan wrote:

   Brickshelf: Every day or two for the past three years I’ve gone to Brickshelf and scanned through the recent folders until I’ve reviewed any and all items that look interesting. This has always been easily accomplished because the ORDER of the galleries added to the “recent” pages has always been chronological. Unless a moderator is adding galleries while I happen to be reviewing them, the relative positions of the galleries on the “recent” pages remained static, a fact which allowed me to easily navigate back and forth, into and out of galleries, until I’d seen everything that piqued my interest. Now the “recent” pages seem to be randomly ordered – a fact which becomes painfully clear if you click “reload” or the “recent” link while on a page in the recent uploads area. The galleries all shuffle, making any sort of logical or progressive review all but impossible.

The randomizing of the recent pages was an experiment the 23 folders on each recent page were randomized but it still had the appropriate 23 folders by modification date. There have been some complaints so it is back to modification order. The home page was changed to show 6 of the most recent 100 folders and it is still that way, but the recent page starts at n=0 instead of n=6 now.