 Administrative / General / 12604
Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:49:37 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Duane Hess wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Shaun Sullivan wrote:
   Frustrated Comments Ahead:

Brickshelf: Every day or two for the past three years I’ve gone to Brickshelf and scanned through the recent folders until I’ve reviewed any and all items that look interesting. This has always been easily accomplished because the ORDER of the galleries added to the “recent” pages has always been chronological. Unless a moderator is adding galleries while I happen to be reviewing them, the relative positions of the galleries on the “recent” pages remained static, a fact which allowed me to easily navigate back and forth, into and out of galleries, until I’d seen everything that piqued my interest. Now the “recent” pages seem to be randomly ordered – a fact which becomes painfully clear if you click “reload” or the “recent” link while on a page in the recent uploads area. The galleries all shuffle, making any sort of logical or progressive review all but impossible.

Shaun

I just now noticed this for myself. It used to be that the position of the add on each page would sequentially shuffle the order of the thumbnails depending on which frame it appeared in, but now the order seems random. I would bet that what you are seeing are the same 23 thumbs + 1 advertisement (unless the moderators have just approved something) as when you first loaded the page. Regardless, I think that it is unnecessary and very undesireable to shuffle the thumbnails.

Hmm, that suggests a test... what happens if you’re logged in? Logging in suppresses ads I thought, so MAYBE suppresses shuffle too?

   I also think that it would be nice if Kevin ever showed up here (on LUGNET) to discuss changes, or even to answer questions.

Nod. I expect that’s a common feeling.