 Administrative / General / 12613
Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:53:00 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Loch wrote:

   Soon anyone with a Brickshelf account will be able to upload to the scan library. I’m still working on the details for how to handle them after they are uploaded.

Hi Kevin,

This would be cool. Will there be restrictions on what scans can be uploaded--i.e., will it be restricted to sets of a certain age, or sets that are no longer available on Lego.com? Or could someone run to the store, grab the most recent Episode 3 Star Wars set, and post instruction scans? I know in the past that the buzz in the forums was that TLC had given you some sort of official sanction for posting older instruction scans but not newer ones.

Yes, we do have permission to publish “old” instructions on Brickshelf.com. Any request to change that policy to cover recent sets should be directed to Jake.