 Administrative / General / 10335 (-20)
  Lugnet Phoenix

(...) wonderful sentiments! this is precisely what a community should do. it should make you feel proud, and make you want to share it with others. In the past 2 days, i've added yet another friend to the lugnet roster, (assuming he signed his lazy (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: LUGNET's Good Health was: [Re: Lugnet's tailspin]

(...) [SNIP-PED} (...) Suz, I just wanted to say that I admire the amount of work you and Todd have done to forge this online comunity and to make it possible for me (and a lot of others!) to enjoy LUGNET each and every day. The discovery of your (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET's Good Health was: [Re: Lugnet's tailspin]

Wow. I'm surprised I've been missing this thread (been lurking in .Castle). My thoughts: Yes, LUGNET is a great place overall, with some great features I would not want to be without. There is so much info to access, even after six months of (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

(...) Well since my post was trying to explain a number of terms, including crossposting, taking the term out of the title pretty much undercuts that. (...) Maybe it should be, just a bit. If there is a behaviour that EVERYONE agrees is wrong (for (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Cannot post to LUGNET via news reader

(...) did you try going to that url, and filling out a new posting setup for your new email address? :) Dan (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Cannot post to LUGNET via news reader

Hi All, I appologize if this issue has been posted before, but due to the demise of @home, my email recently changed from bhamilto1@home.com to bhamilto1@cox.net. Since this change, I can no longer post to LUGNET via my news reader. I have already (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

Thanks for that background information! It's very much appreciated. Now, I have an idea on what's going on! Respectively, <<_Matt Hein_>> Lugnet member No. 1112 (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

In lugnet.faq, Larry Pieniazek writes: ... (...) Intentionally. The title is 'how do I post to multiple groups' instead of 'how do I crosspost' because it assumes that the reader doesn't know what crossposting is. (...) The FAQ is not a moral (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

(...) Yes, he wrote a letter back in June, but I asked him not to post it because I felt it came off as too negative. Whan I was about to take the riegns, before the wagon went off the cliff, I didn't want the community to panic. There were many (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

I have posted a stab at a FAQ on this topic on this for various reasons. (partly because I kept looking for one to refer to when guiding newbies about multiple posting and didn't find it) (URL) comment on it if you would, to help make it better and (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)

  Suggestion for -.loc. pages

I hope this is the right place to post this. It would be really nice for people to be able to connect if there were a link in the -.loc. pages to show all the lugnet members that were in that locality. Regards, Steve Martin IndyLUG (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

(...) Hm...I wonder why he lost enthusiasm? Did he state a reason for this? (...) I see...things are beginning to get a bit more clear on my part. A fully automated CLSOTW is a great idea, and I just wonder *why* Todd didn't go with that one. Is he (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: vineyards of equality (was Re: a question...)

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes: [...] (...) Yup, and it's *your* job to make it so. (well, along with everyone else, of course) (...) Lord, I hope so. (...) Well, I can tell you a couple things it'll achieve: Greater liklihood of my (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a question...

(...) [...] (...) Ah! Yes, here's what I've -really- needed all these months: lugnet.admin.guidanc...network-tv :-D (...) Geez, well said. I may just have to quote you; assuming this idea ends up needing a public announcement of introduction! (...) (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a question...

(...) Most business environments, and even some volunteer organizations I've been in, follow this procedure for issues. "Here's the problem" says CEO, "go discuss and bring me a solution" Then the 'peons' go off, discuss, cajole, philosophize and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a question...

(...) Mmm, This is my current preference. I think it conveys its good intent and is accurate without being too specific. (...) Ahhhh, it gives me little shivers.... (...) Ooooooo, it's like a cool breeze across my sweat-beaded brow.... :-) (...) You (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  thx suz

(...) oh ja! much much better (...) ok (...) ja, systems have inertia and need periodic infusions of new energies, ideas, etc. and THAT'S what I was hoping to see here, and of course, it werked. much thx for the roundtables :-) -paul (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  vineyards of equality (was Re: a question...)

(...) I was also encouraged with a good deal of what Suzanne had to say - although I did also have some respect for what Paul was trying to say. If we agree that a round-table is a discussion (or meeting) where people talk in conditions of equality, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a question...

(...) An excellent idea. How about lugnet.round-table.* Some possible round table groups: - .new-groups A place to discuss ideas for new newsgroups. True, this discussion currently happens in .admin.general or .admin.nntp, but with a round table (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a question...

(...) Me too! ;) If I can set up a scenario An issue gets bumped into .general.admin If it's going to take a while to resolve, bump it to .roundtable Carrying out discussions to resolve issues that may arise and get these out of LUGNET.general.admin (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact