 Administrative / General / 10330
10329  |  10331
Subject:
Cannot post to LUGNET via news reader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:00:49 GMT

Hi All,

I appologize if this issue has been posted before, but due to the demise of
@home, my email recently changed from bhamilto1@home.com to bhamilto1@cox.net.

Since this change, I can no longer post to LUGNET via my news reader.

I have already logged in (via the browser) and changed my LUGNET profile to
indicate my newer email of bhamilto1@cox.net.  I verified that this
information was accepted and saved (by logging off and then logging in again
a day later).

If I configure my news reader to send as "bhamilto1@home.com," then LUGNET
accepts the entry, but presumably sends the confirmation notice to that
email address (which no longer works).  If I change my news reader to the
correct "bhamilto1@cox.net" and try to post, then I get the nasty:

Outlook Express could not post your message.  Subject 'test', Account:
'lugnet.com', Server: 'lugnet.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441
New Users Start Here:  http://news.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/', Port: 119,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

I don't know what to do.  I'm guessing that there is some other place where
I need to change my email address, but can't find it.  Can someone help me?

Note:  Can you please copy your reply to my email at bhamilto1@cox.net.

Thanks