 Administrative / General / 10333
Re: LUGNET's Good Health was: [Re: Lugnet's tailspin]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:29:37 GMT

Wow.  I'm surprised I've been missing this thread (been lurking in .Castle).

My thoughts:

Yes, LUGNET is a great place overall, with some great features I would not
want to be without.  There is so much info to access, even after six months
of regular visits, I still feel new.  But I feel the the positive far
out-weighs the negative that I have seen.

From an administrative POV, perhaps it is time for a little updating.  I
know the front page of the website has not changed since I joined.  I am
among those who greatly appreciates all the efforts of Suzanne and company!
And I support their intentions to improve things.  And I am willing to allow
it to take time.

As for money, well I am not opposed to some sort of minimal fee for
membership, so long as no one gets alienated for lack of it.  Perhaps
something like Public TV could be pursued, where there are different levels
of memberships for different size donations??  ...The idea of a fund-raising
auction might be cool too.  As far as the full-time-job thing, well, $37k is
more than I make!  But I guess I don't work in an I.S. job... maybe I should
(if I get to talk about Lego all day!!)  :)

Anywho, count me in as a member of the community who supports the
continuance of Lugnet and it's associated functions!

And on a final note: People with hobbies come and go, and the torch of
leadership will pass from time to time.  I have seen this happen in LARP
Groups, in social circles, in families, everywhere.  Todd set the stage
here, perhaps, and his change of interest may seem to have changed our
atmosphere.  But Lugnet is always going to evolve.  Let us *all* make
certain it does so with strength and with fairness and with constant
reminder that what brings us together is that we all want to *Play Well*...

Cheers,
-Hendo

In lugnet.people, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
note: I happened to pick this post of the thread to respond to, for no
better reason than it just came up on my ticker.

As for some people calling this 'a tailspin', well, even if I were to agree
(which I don't), you'd better keep in mind that this site will crash only
over my DEAD BODY.

I love LUGNET.

so there.