 Administrative / General / 10060 (-20)
  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

I was going to reply to Kyle directly, but Frank, you gave me a better springboard. :-) "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3C4E370A.6D598D...ing.com... (...) LUGNET (...) of (...) Exactly, I agree. The sentiment 'lets make (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM)

Frank did an excellent job of addressing most of the points you raised in your post. There was one loose end though... In lugnet.admin.general, Kyle Beatty wrote much that Larry snipped: (...) I am assuming this example is what you refer to here in (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3C4E2C1D.E72B2C...ing.com... (...) that (...) Ohh... thought you were getting after me :-) Doh! (...) No problem. (...) I wish you the best, hopefully its not the worst case scenario that's (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) It may be bluntly stated, but frankly, if you are not here to work with all the members and users of Lugnet to make Lugnet a better place, I think you are in the wrong place. Take a look at the Lugnet plan for some of Todd's and Suzanne's (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) No misinterpretations, I was agreeing with your cite and following up. Sorry that my response was a little terse and may not have been as clear as it should be. Things are very lousy at work right now (in the next day or so I may have (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Nothing to do with a market for your MOCs on eBay.

(...) I'm not sure a machine with minifigs has been tried before. It would be cool. It's been done with small sets, though. Brisbane, Australia Airport: (URL) Mark Harrison in the pics) Hey, au'ers... are those machines still there at the airport in (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Nothing to do with a market for your MOCs on eBay.

That message doesn't have anything to do with the market of MOC's on ebay...not even a little. And neither does this post--HA HA! I guess while I'm writing, I might as well say something a teensy bit meaningful, even if it doesn't have anything to (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) This sentiment is not friendly. It is arrogant and has a stink of martiality. It really bugs me, I'm sorry to say. I am unlikely to do any of the above. (...) There has been insufficient restraint so far in the cause of 'correction'. The (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3C4DDAD7.148E@m...ing.com... (...) there is (...) of (...) have (...) Whoops.... I wasn't addressing you there. I was addressing Scott. Is that how you took it? If so, my sincere apologies. (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) Yes indeed. We all have a right and a responsibility to work to make LUGNET a better place. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. (...) Yes and here, I think, is a perfect example of this: (URL) line, the guidance is in with a lot of other info (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) I agree with you on almost all points made so far. I have been a LUGNET participant for several years now, and feel a difference in the community. I am ashamed at some of the instances of LUGNET "correction" that have happened in the past. I (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Do you think there is a market for your MOCs on eBay? Please discuss...

In lugnet.admin.general, Duane Hess writes: <snip previous stuff> (...) <snip other previous stuff> Insert your favourite me too post here!!! Jude Too bad we cannot have a script added so Scott cannot reply to Larry. (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) Interesting... I don't think this is the first time someone has quoted me under a mis-perception of my point. Perhaps I shouldn't be so polite in making my points, people seem to mistake my call for politeness and decency as a call for leaving (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Do you think there is a market for your MOCs on eBay? Please discuss...

(...) Scott, Here is what I've taken from your post: 1. Larry is a twit because he missed the point (which was....?). 2. You want to point out that you are tired of Larry's attitude 3. You want to point out that you are tired of Larry's control over (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) I wasn't going to get into this, but your post really makes me sick. I just read the thread history of this..... setting the Bricksmiths issue aside [1], I'd like to discuss the issue of community policing, and how it is a Good Thing(TM). (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Do you think there is a market for your MOCs on eBay? Please discuss...

(...) You are completely missing the point. You are one of the "twits who actively undermine it with non constructive sniping". Read Brian's words addressed to you again (the ones you have deleted): ==+== My whole point was simply to point out that (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Do you think there is a market for your MOCs on eBay? Please discuss...

(...) He was echoing the sentiment I expressed, I think. And when you look at your initial words (which I left, for reference while snipping all else away) on this topic, I think it was a fair sentiment. Stamping your foot and saying "so sue me" (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) Well, I've been thinking about this suggestion.. As it stands right now, my posessions are packed away in storage, including the nearly complete packets. I just took a look around in there, but didn't see the box right away. If I did locate (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) Is there anything that we could do to help make the membership packets happen? For instance, could we pitch in a few bucks to help with the cost? It might be cheaper if you had the membership cards, bookmarks, etc. printed at a professional (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) Thanks for letting us know the story. Jude (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact