 Administrative / Search Results: suggest
 Results 221 – 240 of 403.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/11/99 - 1/17/99

Todd Lehman wrote in message <369d88ee.21601198@l...et.com>... (...) This is just the opinion of a guy who has ignored this thread until today. I am interested, but decided whatever was agreed upon, was good for me. It is just that "lsahs" is the (...) (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego

I'd like to make a suggestion on the use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego. Of late there has been much "debate" about whether TLC is doing "the right thing" or not, or somewhere in between. While some very legitimate concerns are getting (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Unsorted lot of over 5800 pcs.

(...) Personally, I think the standards have changed for auctions-- it used to be (in pre-ebay pre-bricklink days) that people would hold auctions themselves and bash newsgroups with repeated auction updates. I think this continuous post beating is (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Royal Knights treasure Carrier 6044 and others

well MR Leroy, Your sale posting doesn't belong in this group no matter what you're selling. Sale postings can ONLY go in market.buy-sell-trade. It doesn't belong at all in .castle, so don't jump on Ravi he was right in the first place. Read the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: PW validation terms/labels

I find the labels a bit pejorative, as they impose your thinking on what level of security is appropriate on what should just be strength metrics. For example at setting 1 "lax" it fails passwords that I consider perfectly adequate for the risk (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Annual Membership Renewal.

While the idea of a $10 lifetime membership sounds nice with the caveat that members should add to their membership contribution as they feel LUGNET adds value to their experiance, this is not practical. If you want a consistant flow of cash you (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Stick in the mud...

(...) I thought that was clear. The fact that you think I am able to play semantics means perhaps it is not clear enough. Naturally, is does not have to be clear, anything other than deliberately misleading may well be OK. I want LUGNET to grow & (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: New Policy on Bickering in LUGNET Newsgroups

(...) That seems a bit heavy-handed. Omitting information that is useful or helpful or necessary to others is annoying, but not subject to any negative action, IMO. I don't like posts that only give me half the story or omit crucial details any more (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.terms)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

Just a general thought: One problem we have in this whole discussion is that there are two separate (but related) issues on the table, which unfortuanately are currenlty tightly coupled. The first issue is Scott's mis-post. The second issue is how (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Thanks. But it didn't happen all at once. Further, it wasn't very much me, it was mostly the suggestions of people in the group. When someone had a tidbit or a good resource to share I'd add it, whether it was sent to me via email, or (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Informal CFD: robotics competition newsgroup(s)

(...) I grok what you're saying, almost. It's the conclusion that I have trouble making the quantum-leap to. :) OK, so the robotics ng has a different character or flavor or group-behavior than other groups...I grok that. How does it follow that the (...) (26 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 3

Hi, Rene. Firstly, thanks for all the work you are putting into this. I did not get a chance to comment on the (URL) previous draft> (Draft #1), but I've now got the latest draft (Draft #2), Draft #1, and the current LUGENT front pages up (...) (18 years ago, 14-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: What makes an something an auction

(...) Grr. Hot button. (...) bidder" while neglecting to to define what a "bidder" is and while also failing to mention the key notion of preemption or leapfrogging. That same dictionary also defines "bid" (verb) in the context of trade as simply to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Profanity and bowdlerization

The LUGNET admins have talked about this topic and reached the following consensus. We're inclined to go with a strict interpretation of the ToS. The ToS was put in place in order to give LUGNET a certain flavor, and we'd like to retain that flavor. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) I would not go assuming that. Just because the "vocal majority" does not like this right now does not mean that only 3 people agree with Todd. Remember one of the dynamics of Newsgroups is that people that disagree with a situation are much (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) ?? Wouldn't it show up in their mail on the day it actually got posted rather than the day it was sent, queued up and was intended to be posted? A mail interface person who didn't closely check the date on the mail, or a newsreader person (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Would I be incorrect?

(...) Reference: (URL) for asking before posting. At this time, the Charter for market.buy-sell-trade does not allow for non-Lego items. However, you can trade all kinds of goods in exchange for Lego. The group ot-clones has been set up to (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.terms)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Self Organisation (Was: Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images)

All in favor? I think Frank just got himself a chair. (1) Rereading my post 2 refs back it looks like I was saying I'd be chair if asked. What I actually meant was I'd be a committee member if asked. 1 - Seriously... step one in organizing a (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.council)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Clarification wanted re: sale posts in theme groups

Apologies to the horse for continuing to beat it, but I'd really like to see something definitive about this. Some say it's OK, some say it's not OK, but the rules allow it, some don't seem to care what anyone says. I've recently noticed a few of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

D@$#n it! Where is my big stick, WHO is ticking off Kevin! You got to deal with me! Sad Sad Sad, Kevin is the progenetor of many useful technologies, somebody had better show him some respect! I have power of banishment to .duplo! Who wants some? (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

More:  Next Page >>