 Administrative / Financial / 4
3  |  5
Subject:
Annual Membership Renewal.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.finance
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 14:41:54 GMT

While the idea of a $10 lifetime membership sounds nice with the caveat that
members should add to their membership contribution as they feel LUGNET adds
value to their experiance, this is not practical.

If you want a consistant flow of cash you need an annual membership renewal
system.  Unfortunately many people have purchased their "lifetime" memberships
and it wouldn't be very nice to take that away (probably not legal either).

So going forward I suggest the following.

1.  New memberships need to be Annual memberships at a given rate ($10 ?)

2.  Current lifetime members could "voluntarily" give up their lifetime
membership for an annual membership.  These members should be given their first
year or two of membership for taking the voluntary step of changing their
membership status.

I understand the need for Todd and Suz to take full time jobs which take away
from their time on LUGNET.  Problem is my LUGNET experiance has taken a hit
because of this and I have had no desire to give more money than I have
already.  That said I would volunteer to switch to an annual membership system
as long as the fee is reasonable.  At this point I feel $10 per year is
reasonable.

Of course a system for renewal would have to be set up.  Even if that is an
E-mail reminder 1 month before expiration.  I don't want to be responsible for
remembering to renew every year.  I need a reminder.

Eric Kingsley