 Administrative / Financial / 7
Re: Annual Membership Renewal.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.finance
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:19:38 GMT

In lugnet.admin.finance, Ben Roller writes:
In lugnet.admin.finance, Eric Kingsley writes:
That said I would volunteer to switch to an annual membership system
as long as the fee is reasonable.  At this point I feel $10 per year is
reasonable.

Great!  I hereby declare your annual membership fee to be $10 per year.  Go
ahead and just send it in annually whenever you think about it during the
year.  That's what I've been doing since I joined up (haven't sent in 2002
yet) but I don't think that should be mandatory.  $10 is the minimum and
some people pay a lot more than that.  Feel free to increase your membership
fee at any time that you feel Lugnet is giving you quality worth paying for.

Well I have upped my origional fee as well but at this point I am not willing
to do that.  I also think that if LUGNET is going to be self sufficiant (Suz
being a paid employee).  Then a consistant cash flow is needed.  The current
membership system does not provide for a consistant cash flow.

If the goal is to make LUGNET better by having a full time employee then I will
change to an annual membership.  If that is not the goal I will keep my
lifetime membership and not contribute any more because my experiance here has
not been enhanced for quite a while.

Rasing membership fees for Lugnet seems a little silly at this point.  There
aren't many benefits of membership right now, so why raise the fees before
those exist?

Silly? Only if things were to stay the same.  According to this groups
charter... http://news.lugnet.com/admin/finance/?n=1  the only way things are
going to grow here is for there to be a full time employee.  The only way to
have a full time employee is for LUGNET to have a consistant cash flow.  So we
are in a catch 22, either we find ways to get LUGNET a consistant cash flow
(through annual memberships or otherwise) or LUGNET just magically gets better
without raising any more money.

At this point I think if we want LUGNET to get better we have to make some
sacrifices.  We can't just expect things to happen because people like doing
this any more.

Oh and if we do switch to an annual membership and things still don't get
better than I will just cancel my membership all together and go the non-member
route.  Thats one way as a member I can say things are not going well enough
for me here.

Thats my 2 cents,

Eric Kingsley