 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 861 – 880 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: markup syntax for member pages

Todd: Just a minor detail. (...) This one is actually legal. I think your suggestion looks fine (but it isn't much work to handle HTML if you use nsgmls[1]). Play well, Jacob 1) <URL:(URL) is generated by a _tcsh_ script that uses nsgmls for parsing (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

(...) Actually, I don't see that as much of an issue. As an example, my e-mail address shows up as "galliard@shades-of-night.com", however, the actual POP box I am assigned is "shadesofnight03", which has yet another designation for netnation (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  Re: markup syntax for member pages

(...) I was messing around last week with a personal page based on the LUGNET layout. Basically, it had the same information in the to (dark-blue) area, LUGNET logo in the left of the light-blue, links to my favorite LUGNET newsgroups in the middle, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

(...) Very well put -- Yes, that's about it! As far as I can imagine right now, they'll only appear in URLs. I'm *sure* there must be some other place that they'll pop up someday down the road, but my crystal ball draws a blank on that one today. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  Re: Local/native langauge forms of country names

Todd: Just like Larry, would I find it very useful to have the country names in my native language[1] on the /loc/ page. It is kind of messy to mix several languages on the same page. Even if it is just place names. How do you choose how to sort? (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  Re: Allocation of member #'s

(...) I wonder how (technically) you would really settle any disputes over who was "older." Maybe you'd have to let each party find (on their own) and demonstrate their oldest post. But someone may have lurked for 6 months and participated privately (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  Re: Local/native langauge forms of country names

.7AJ@lugnet.com> Distribution: X-Newsreader: TIN [version 1.2 PL2] Todd Lehman: [ /loc/ page in all languages. ] (...) Yes. (...) Different country[1] (even though Danes do seem to think they own it). Jacob 1) <URL:(URL) (and this one should work) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  If I just joined, then what are memberships?

(...) Someone just wrote in and asked, "I just joined/registered with LUGNET, ... why are membership numbers being proposed?" This is a good question, and may well be a commonly wondered question at this point, so I'm posting the answer here and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 1.206)

  Re: Random thought of the day

(...) As a matter of interest, how much time does it take you and Todd (and/or whoever) to do the autopilot stuff? From what I can see the biggest regular manual labour is new users, with server and access maintenace the next biggest (including (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.206)

  Re: Random thought of the day

(...) I care as well. I love LUGNET. I love the community here at LUGNET. I love the discussions I've had (and will continue to have) on LUGNET. I personally believe that the AFOL community will lose something pretty spectacular would LUGNET (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.206)

  LUGNET going away?!?

(...) So what HAVE you announced, Suz? This is the first I've heard about any such possibility, and I'm very dismayed by it. To me, LUGNET is the place to discuss LEGO. It's also the only web-based forum I can stand to read and post to – I've tried (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

internet
(score: 1.206)

  Re: markup syntax for member pages

Update: Here's some sample input/output going down one currently-favored path... The details of the content in this sample aren't important (it's just a personal e-mail with some ramblings) but the makeup of it is important... I wanted to grab (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.206)

  Re: Secret LUGNET areas, ldraw image databases, (was piece naming conventions)

(...) If those pages were too easy to find, it would intimidate people. No one wants to get their feet wet at a site when they think they have to register first to do anything. Note that there are so many sites out there that make you actually (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.206)

  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <377F7B94.54831B27@v...er.net>... (...) <snip!> Todd, Maybe I've been watching too much "Law and Order", but... I understand your reluctance to shoulder the huge (!) burden of policing the member name space for (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 1.205)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

I am not real good at brainstorming but I just thought of a couple. How about... .lugbox .lugbricks .lugabs I just thought that the box would be "lugged" around quite a bit and this is "Lugnet". Anyway this is my first post to this string but I have (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.205)

  Re: Faces of LUGNET

(...) I think this would be a great Idea. I would guess that it would just be Names and Pictures so we would know who we were talking to. I know that I have put rules up for my site when I host model pictures. I don't allow things like Ages, (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 1.205)

  Re: new posts send via e-mail

(...) If you want to receive groups by mail, here's the page to configure your settings (digest, regular, etc.) for all the groups: (URL) the groups have news-by-mail capabilities using the email addresses of [newsgroup]@lugnet.com for example (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general) !

mail
(score: 1.205)

  Re: Collapsing the lugnet.loc.uk hierarchy

(...) Most of the messages are of the "anyone here?" type, but I'll probably mail the authors with the URLs of their messages so they can find them easily if they want to repost them elsewhere. They'll probably actually stay around in the web (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.205)

  Re: Collapsing the lugnet.loc.uk hierarchy

(...) Can you move the articles that are in groups about to go bye bye for now to higher in the hierarchy? Or mail them back to the authors and suggest reposting? (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.205)

  Re: how to cancel a message (was Re: [MindStorms FAQ 4.3 How do I make a temperature sensor?]

Boy, that was stupid. I really do wish I could cancel messages. I just realized that there is a "confirmation code", which right now is used when you request having a newsgroup sent to you via email (the page where this happens is (URL) ) So I'll (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.205)

More:  Next Page >>