 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 421 – 440 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Calling it Quits

"Rose Regner" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:GAu85v.5Bz@lugnet.com... (...) stand (...) up (...) it (...) Ok. (...) Well, I can say with a clear conscience that I did not intend that message to be harsh, my attitude in posting it was not (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Lego Loco Multi-Player Sessions

There was a thread on r.t.l last week about hosting a multi-player session of Lego Loco. I would love to see this happen, but there are a few obstacles to overcome. Lego Loco requires that players joining a multiplayer session know the host's IP (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Official and Unofficial theme categories

(...) I think I understand the concepts a bit better from reading other posts on this thread but just to make things clear (in my head) you're looking for something that would use a relationship key (or set designation, or fuzzy catagory) as it's (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Incorrect Links on SW Sidebar

"Todd Lehman" <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> wrote in message news:IAKu8G.nH2@lugnet.com... (...) Heh, reminded me of a song lyric --> "You're too old. Let go; its over. Nobody listens to techno". I've got a techno remix of that mixed in with a Moby song. It's (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.curators)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: New newsgroup lugnet.admin.finance

Hi Suzanne, I am eager to see, and to brainstorm with you, ways to make a site like this profitable. If anyone deserves to make a profit and employ at LEAST one person, it is LUGNET. I have been trying for a few months to get Brickfilms.com to the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Pruning not good for the trees

From what I've seen of this information leak, it's a case of shutting the gate *after* the horse has bolted. If six million people suddenly knew WW3 was coming, but shouldn't have, because of some government department's stuff-up in transferring the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: newsgroup name for ldraw.org

(...) Well, at the risk of sounding like I'm repeating myself, I really like the thought of a special group lugnet.trains.org for people to help plan and talk about how to set up more clubs like PNLTC and GMLTC. The .org. node is forward-expandable (...) (25 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Any having trouble accessing lugnet.com subdomains?

(...) This probably helps not at all, but FWIW, I'll comment that we've had similar problems with other websites, and yes, even with LUGNET when connecting through Juno (god how I'd kill to not have to use a modem). Anyway, suffice to say that the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Whatever

(...) Yes, but do they care enough to do what needs to be done? And if they care, is that thing a doable thing just because they care? I don't think so. Any call for a penalty for anyone is just whistling in the wind because it's not the community (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: It is time to ban JAL.

(...) <Snipped Banned Topic> (...) I would not like to see JAL's privileges permanently revoked. His language does not seem to be a repetitive problem as with other people who regularly post. I have to admit that what was posted did violate the TOS (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  It is time to ban JAL.

Hello, I have been reading a lot of the posts from Jesse Alan Long, and paying attention to the arguments going on there since they started. I have posted very rarely in response to him, mainly because I feel it has gone on far too long, as most (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) The ages I've seen posted by LUGNET users generally range in the 18+ range, but a few have posted ages in the 13-18 group, and a few others have posted in the under-13 group (I can think of at least one person from each of the non-adult age (...) (20 years ago, 25-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)

(...) Yes, I think everything -would- be easier if the charters were taken a little loosely. But -- I don't think that's necessarily practical (or safe) long-term -- even though it may make life easier. It's one thing if clones are talked about (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  clarifying/reminding users of "the rules" [Re: Help Wanted]

(...) Wow, I totally agree. Though not so much about the added Curator responsibility. I tried to keep that job fun (^_^); and I'd hate to see the individual groups become any more like mini-universes. I think I prefer the idea of having a site-wide (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

A community explodes and implodes all at once. Hi, my name is Devin Michel. I've been with this gig for 5 going on six years. I'm a lurker. I feed without mercy on the achievements of such larger that life names as Palmer, Soren, Clague, Sophie and (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: My Stance

(...) Matt, You're going to take this as some kind of slam, or some kind of flame, but it's not intended as one, really. Try to keep that in mind as you read it. I've read pretty much every post resulting from your initial posts of a few days ago. I (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Please help keep LUGNET clean

(...) Well, you're right, of course. I was mostly kidding with the tribal cheiftan bit, obviously, but IMHO it's worked so far. Of course, as someone noted elsewhere, the maturity level around here is pretty high, so it hasn't been a huge job from (...) (25 years ago, 5-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) I agree with you on almost all points made so far. I have been a LUGNET participant for several years now, and feel a difference in the community. I am ashamed at some of the instances of LUGNET "correction" that have happened in the past. I (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: When is a website "independent" and when is it "part of"?

G'day Mike, I've already posted my personal points on this issue: (URL) I'll reinforce them for my part... (...) Why should the ToS of this site be relevant to off-site content? If the message posting the link (exluding the link itself) abides by (...) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: My Stance

(...) Well, theres a start. An apology is only part of the act of contrition... one must strive to be better. Regarding emotions...I generally have the emotional range of a turnip, but that does not mean I can be offensive, callous, insensitive, and (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

More:  Next Page >>