 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 301 – 320 of about 2200.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

(...) I'm missing something here. Retailer catalogs are one thing. They're pretty clearly not for general consumption. But why exactly are the images in question trade secrets? They are posted on a public server by TLG with no protection whatever. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: 2001 Set info

(...) I hate replying to my own posts and quoting dictionaries, today I shall do both: From: (URL) verb [T] to remove parts of (something to be read, seen, or heard) because it is offensive or considered morally wrong, or because it is secret She (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Replying to the bottom? [was Re: I hate MOCPages]

(...) Hmm.. I guess it depends. When I trim, I usually trim things that are completely unrelated to my reply. Otherwise, I tend to leave it all in. I know its bandwidth heavier, but in this day and age, I think we should expect to be able to send (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) What a great couple of groups for people from NAMBLA or other pedophiles and the like to cruise since they would blend in with the adults already using the site. Time to get rid of that quote on the home page about it being "the friendliest (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp) !

internet
(score: 1.845)

  LUGNET not accessible due to traffic load

LUGNET Administrators, It seems to me that LUGNET is becoming increasingly not available due to traffic load. Is this perception wrong? If there is some truth to my perception, is there action that can be taken to reduce the dreaded unavailability (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: 2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message news:FMHJDI.208@lugnet.com... (...) and I (...) too (...) in (...) that 1 (...) Call me two then. My only vendors catalog, a 1987 one, was from a retailer shelf. Actually, I went into my (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) Sadly the children tend to be the ones using the most unacceptable vernacular. (...) Yeah.. sure let the fox guard the henhouse. (...) As me Pappy used to say.. Sic' Em Boys! (...) I think we should give Lar a large Lego Bat to enforce the ToU (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup?

Personally, I kind of like the idea. It makes it easier for us to discuss topics that are a little too specific for this group. (Meeting times, project ideas, transport of sections, specifications on sections, etc..) I don't know how much it would (...) (25 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Your error in judgement is thinking that ANY reply does anything to correct his behavior. I fully support Jon's call for Eric being banned. Not because of the constant annoying noise that we all know he is capable of. But the abusive, violent (...) (19 years ago, 31-Mar-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Change in LUGNET news appearance

(...) The ads in the LUGNET Guide pages are ok, they aren't annoying, it's a good thing. In the newsgroup pages, instead, I would suggest you to change the ad box with a banner in order to limit the scrolling. Even if LUGNET member, I wouldn't log (...) (17 years ago, 14-Dec-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Error loading page in set database

(...) No, it just never completed a write operation -- random bad luck in a section of unsafe code that assumes that power won't go out or that the system doesn't melt down. I rebuilt it from redundant data in the data matrix but it should still (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: From the mouth of babes and just what is going on!?

(...) I agree with Diedre here. Eric - while the duplo joke is funny to you and your friends, and while it can be used as a cute joke once in a while among the same, please reconsider FUT'ing Duplo and using this joke when expressing sincere (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Has anyone ever been missing a piece?

(...) Look, you're my friend and everything but do you HAVE to use that word on this site? Just because my kids already know that word, know what it means and all, and have heard it used before doesn't mean that I want them reading it HERE. (1) You (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Help: Leading Spaces?

G'day Todd, Over the past week or so I'd sent a couple messages your way regarding an intermittent posting problem using the web interface. I hadn't received a reply, but I guess you've been sick/busy. But anyhow, I have since been able to get a (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Very true. However, whatever happens (or doesn't happen) with LUGNET in the future, I'll always be supportive of Todd and Suz. By the very fact that LUGNET is still here and we're still visiting and talking about LEGO in the various NG's is (...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Membership Math

I am putting together some basic guesstimate numbers for the sake of discussing the LUGNET financing topic. Please do comment. Membership Numbers: Current membership: 1,500 Membership growth per year: 500 Lurking potential members: 4,000? Income (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) warning: raging bile duct Yup. Living proof right here. The registering process is a pain, and due to the posting hassles I've posted a grand total of 8 posts on lugnet for the 2-or so years I've been registered here. No matter what you say (...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: To LUGNET administrators - BRLUG

Todd, (...) I didn't knew the existence of the (URL) so I came up with a VBScript that uses a generic HTML parser that I wrote (for metasearches websites) to extract data from the Sets Guide and put it into an Access database. The result (very poor (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) I'm starting to come around to this way of thinking myself, actually. But how do we solve the legal liability problem? No other site seems to care about it as much, but part of why this policy is the way it is, (IIRC from the discussions back (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Clarification of rules please

(...) active (...) (assuming (...) OK, I'll be devil's advocate this time. 1. What are the benefits of sacrificing even a little independence to get cosy with TLC? I'm sure they will listen to what we say just the same if we do not, they may even (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

More:  Next Page >>