 Administrative / NNTP / 171
Help: Leading Spaces?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 15:35:02 GMT

G'day Todd,

Over the past week or so I'd sent a couple messages your
way regarding an intermittent posting problem using the
web interface.  I hadn't received a reply, but I guess
you've been sick/busy.  But anyhow, I have since been
able to get a better description of the problem:

If I try to post/preview a message that has any line
beginning with spaces, my internet connection hangs.
The browser goes unresponsive, I can no longer check
email, and sometimes it drops carrier.  The only way
to fix it is to disconnect and reconnect.  If I
remove the leading spaces from my message text, it
posts okay.

Any ideas?  I never used to have this problem.  The
only thing that has changed is I am currently "roaming"
using a dial-up 56k connection, rather than my
usual DSL connection.

Thanx,
KDJ

LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada