 Administrative / General / 12041
12040  |  12042
Subject:
LUGNET not accessible due to traffic load
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:00:53 GMT

LUGNET Administrators,

It seems to me that LUGNET is becoming increasingly not available due to traffic
load. Is this perception wrong?

If there is some truth to my perception, is there action that can be taken to
reduce the dreaded unavailability of LUGNET due to heavy demand on the server?

Now I am no expert on servers, Internet traffic, and such things, but I do know
that this might require additional costs to allow more MB of traffic each month.
Is the next level too costly, or can we have a bake sale to cover the costs.I
bet some people might be willing to buy a T-Shirt to support the next level of
traffic transfer.

Anyway, I am just seeking information about this.

Sicnerely,

Todd