 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 221 – 240 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

(...) More than you think upto now I think..:-) What about profanity in other languages than English? Lugnet is a multi national community. One example: a simple and innocent looking abbreviation "ats2", which could be both read as its spelling (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Pseudo-streaming live news (was: Re: Monitor Page)

(...) The firewall seems to periodically require re-authentication to get out. But it's not clear what strategy it uses to determine when to re-authenticate. It's not elapsed time since last authentication, or elapsed time since last request. It (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Ten cheers for Jake

Hello! (...) The issue is not the F-word itself in my as always more than humble opinion. It is just one syllable composed of three phonemes (the sounds /f/, /A/ and /k/) when you speak it out loud, using four graphemes (the letters 'f', 'u', 'c' (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Group charter question

(...) I guess the point of the rant is, for those out there who "police" the groups, try to be _constructive_ in your policing. The Internet is full of people who love to show off by being brusque, snippy, and downright nasty to newbies, occasional (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: homepage bringing forth weird results

(...) That sounds like some kind of weird browser cache bug. What happens when you clear out your cache? (I think this is labeled "Temporary Internet Files" in MSIE...) --Todd (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: NNTP problems?

(...) Ya, me too. I didn't change my settings on my laptop. I just used IE instead at work after the problem started. I have high speed cable internet there. But OE is not downloading all headers at home on dialup. I wonder if these incidences are (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: The Guide is Reciprocal Linking with Peeron.com

Hi What a nice idea! But sadly enough, ALL T-online users (which is probably more than half of all german internet users) have been banned from the Peeron site! So for all those people (including me), this new linking idea is rather useless. Too bad (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) I was thinking more from the perspective of what you are going to create that will have a span of 9 months and not what might happen on the internet outside of LUGNET in 9 months. This still doesn't explain why you have a sophisticated (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Sell the source

Well, okay, not the source code, but what about selling a distribution of the system? I think LUGNET is one of the best discussion boards anywhere on the internet. It has a few minor quirks, and things that I would personally like to see changed, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) Neither does it obligate him. Parents need to start taking paying attention to what their kids are viewing online, and every attempt to make the internet kid-safe only reinforces their false beliefs that there is nothing that their kids can (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  (canceled)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: NNTP Problems

(...) Some questions: - Who makes Virtual Access and where can it be downloaded (URL?) - What version of Virtual Access are you running? - What OS are you running? - What type & speed of Internet connection are you running? - Are you behind a (...) (25 years ago, 9-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Web interface to LUGNET news moving from www.lugnet.com to news.lugnet.com

(...) Well, I'm about at wit's end here on this one, although possibly I may have found a workaround. Internet Exploit^H^Hrer is generally really great about being compatible with Netscape Navigator, but in this case -- where the server is returning (...) (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G20t6H.4us@lugnet.com... (...) news:G1zGDI.4Iy@lugnet.com... (...) is (...) addresses (...) show (...) membership (...) I, too, am wondering that <g>... (...) That was inside the membership (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

"Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:B5B80E2D.3604%s...ink.com... (...) do (...) Yep, know the feeling. Planning the Legofest for this Sunday, I was approached by a 15 year old from Michigan who really wanted to come, but his (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman wrote: <SNIP> (...) By taking the premise of this site and adding specific adult themed groups, you've opened the door for what so many parents cringe about the internet. Now, thanks to this unilateral decision, we (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX) !

internet
(score: 1.845)

  public free news servers ?

OK lets try this again now that I can send ... ? G'Day Well there is good news and no news. Good news is my company now has T1 access to the internet, no news is that our new ISP just gives us access to the web, but no news server ! Does anyone know (...) (26 years ago, 29-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: The 2001 lineup (list on FBTB)

I'd suggest you check out the EFF (eff.org) and the ruling on DMCA, if required consider this my permission to remove posts with links. The internet just got a _lot_ colder. America is now trying to rule the world by lawyers... LS James Powell (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.terms)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Noncompliant software (was: Re: Incorrect group posting)

(...) How would you explain that your message just now (which I'm replying to) appears properly threaded? (...) Actually, it is. See RFC822 "Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages" and RFC1138, RFC1148, RFC1327 and RFC2156. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: jump.cgi

(...) I see no problem either at home or at work. At home, I've got SDSL at 768, and at work there's an amazingly fast connection (think it's currently dual 45Mbit to the general internet). This is with either Mozilla (nightly) or Netscape 4.7x (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

More:  Next Page >>