 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1901 – 1920 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Totally inappropriate pic link given with no warning whatever.

(...) Yes, why indeed... I would posit that you would have served the entire community a lot better by dropping a note to Kevin about this pic instead of posting a link to it to ***.GENERAL***, for goodness sake, with nary a word of warning that (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Allow posting & FUT to member email

(...) oh, nevermind, I see it. I guess we need to add another button in case the fut is poster, so that you'd have the option to reply-to poster, or via the web interface, override the entry. also the newsgroups field in the web interface should (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Lugnet membership account

Hello, Since I don't get replies to my emails (for whatever reason) lets try it this way. How long does it usually take to create a lugnet (lifetime) membership? I did all that was required to become a member at 2004-03-17. That same day I paid thru (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker

(...) My issue isn't whether he's a good trader. I didn't ask to trade with him, and I don't have the interest. I don't care if he's a good trader. No, my issue is with his incredible lack of tact in resorting to spam to further his business. If he (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> skrev i meddelandet news:GF8s97.GDF@lugnet.com... (...) Might be a language issue, then. The first Swedish translation that came to mind was not *suggesting*, but quite a bit more imperatoresque (word?). (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Posting Policy Changes

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote: ... (...) Wow! I had to search around even to find that feedback address. Since I rarely visit the front page (it's pretty much useless IMO) I never would have found it tucked away down at the bottom (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: This will get someone upset...

(...) Well, I use the web interface so currently (unless I get off my duff and find a macro solution) my sig is whatever I feel like typing by hand. But when I was posting via Netscape news, my sig was what I had configured it to be. Since I posted (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.faq)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Apology for Jesse Long

**Note** I have censored Jesse's post with "@@@"'s to cover the offensive words.. In lugnet.people, Jesse Alan Long writes: <snip> (...) As well is NOT ALLOWED on Lugnet, this is uncaled fo at any response, and I am offended that you choose to have (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.terms)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: The LEGO Company is invited to post everywhere!

(...) Good thinking. I'll look into that. BTW, there are now graphical indications of employees' posts in LUGNET's web interface. You should see a tiny red LEGO logo beside their name. example: (URL) I got the above result from searching all (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  forgotten password

Hello, I have made this request several times before, but have never gotten a response. Several months ago, I forgot my lugnet password. Though I sent several requests to have it reset, I never could elicit a response. So here I go again: I need to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  A few questions about news:lugnet.com

Hi there! Thinking about this project, a few questions came up to me... How are binaries handled? Is there a filter active, that blocks postings longer as x lines? Or does the newsserver put a filter on the sender? How is spam handled? Also with a (...) (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Mailing list gateways

Todd Lehman (lehman@javanet.com) wrote: [...] (...) It might. My main problem is that I think you aren't supposed to have groups placed in other groups, only in "categories". (...) Yes. (...) lugnet.cad.general follows the style from other Lugnet (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Confusion re: market.brickshops (was Re: New Brickbay shop- McBricks)

(...) Definitely confusing. If it is for discussion of brickshops, I wonder why we need another group, or does that kind of discussion not really fit lugnet.market.theory. I would dearly love to see lugnet.market.brickshops be the place to announce (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Identity Theft

As an addendum to my prior post, I have copied the relevant portions of the LUGNET TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT (Version 1.0.1, 7 Mar 2000) here. Remember, these are the rules and standards that each and every individual posting to LUGNET agrees to abide (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Problem with Web LUGNET

(...) I am quite sure it does work. The base URL should be stripped to the last separator ("/"), and the relative URL's in the document should be appended to the stripped version of the base URL. Your example should be processed as <A Href="(URL) (...) (26 years ago, 9-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: How about a my.netscape-style RDF for portals?

(...) (even though I know Todd is a particularly busy person, and has many other probably more important hot-item issues to work on...) Me too! I'm getting more and more excited about the potential for a portalized LUGNET, since we're starting work (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) While we're on this topic: To this day I have not become a member because I simply can't get past having to enter my postal address into the enrollment form for LUGNET (presumably to get the mythical membership packet). I do not like to give (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: All UK Groups subscribed?

(...) I think Richard may have been suggesting the removal of certain groups, which is an extremely drastic measure and only a last resort if all else fails. What newcomers really need the most help with is: - Learning about the existence of the (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Please help keep LUGNET clean

(...) Tony: Whoa there, pally. Please remember that this neither Usenet/RTL nor the mens room. The gratuitous use of obscene language is actually against the Terms of Use for LUGNET, which you agreed to when you signed up for posting privileges on (...) (25 years ago, 4-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Mailing list gateways

(...) I don't think your reasons for believing that there is no need are flawed, After all, from your point of view, as you described, a news gateway wouldn't help you. But if I'm understanding your conclusions, then the flaw, I think, is in (...) (26 years ago, 21-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

More:  Next Page >>