 Administrative / General / 5
4  |  6
Subject:
A few questions about news:lugnet.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 22:43:08 GMT

Hi there!

Thinking about this project, a few questions came up to me...

How are binaries handled? Is there a filter active, that blocks postings
longer as x lines? Or does the newsserver put a filter on the sender?

How is spam handled? Also with a filter?

Do you, Todd, plan to release the newsgroups in 'public', ie in the
worldwide Usenet? If so, than spam, and e-mail collector-bots have free
path... When you don't plan them to get free, spamblocks won't be neccesary,
or am I to optimistic?

How long are posts being kept? I mean, when I'm off-line for a week or so
(holiday?), do I miss stuff afterwards?

Is there a binaries-newsgroup planned for MindStorms programs,
LDraw-files/parts and so on?

Sorry for these questions, just got me thinking...

Greetings, Ardjan