 Administrative / General / 4
Re: Folks in the LA area
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:22:33 GMT

I'm not living in LA (any more), but replying to the rest of your
message:

Keeping posting on-topic will probably be an on-going effort.  Besides
the klewless who mis-post (either through ignorance, laziness, or bad
karma), there will always be both topic drift and messages which don't
clean fit into one ng or another.

*Shrug* I'm sure we'll all do the best we can.  And it will be an
improvement upon that mass free-for-all known as RTL.  Although I will
probably always think of the online AFOL community as RTL, even if we
mostly abandon the actual ng on usenet.

Steve

Once upon a time, zbenz_NO_SPAM@hmc.edu (Zach Benz) wrote:

So, let's get some L.A. people in here chatting!  I must say, as much as I
didn't like the idea of splitting up RTL into a bunch of newsgroups, this
is great!  It somehow feels like a nice little community again, without a
hundred messages a day. :)  Now, hopefully people will make sure to post
things in the proper newsgroup, or this could turn into a bunch of
mini-disjointed RTL's. :)

-Zach

--
Zach "The Lego Maniac" Benz