 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1101 – 1120 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Are you missing news-by-mail digests/forwards?

(...) This is usually due to recipients not caring about the "reply-to" field. As a subscriber, you can select whether the posts you receive via email should include the original poster or rather the newsgroup-address in the reply-to field. The (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Time for LUGNET Legal Aid? (was: Remy is in the clear)

(...) The NNTP posting interface supports both cancel and supersede, the latter being what you want. What happens with the mail interface when a message is being cancelled or superseded? I realize, of course, that mail that has already been sent out (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) mail folder I did) And that makes it OK? It was still extremely rude whether you sent it to Tore or posted it. It showed no respect for Tore at all. Eric Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail. The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Web-page Buttons and Banners

My mail form page, not yet launched, is powered by LUGNET(tm) in the sense that it's a remailer script on the server. I'd like to acknowledge that. Credit where credit is due So I created a table with the button logo on the left and "Powered by (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Free Agent Question

(...) Also supports e-mail and clickable links, if I remember correctly. (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Simplified News-by-Mail signup (was: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company)

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000, Todd Lehman (<Ft1G3z.Cz3@lugnet.com>) wrote at 03:23:59 (...) Just curious, why is email highly recommended? What are the benefits over NNTP? (speaking as a curmudgeonly stick-in-the-mud luddite :-) (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Can postings that had their e-mail authentication blocked stil be retrieved?

(...) FYI, Lugnet is *still* listed in ORDB DB. ------- Cheers Carlo Lugnet #24 (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Help unsubscribing from news by e-mail

Yes, there is. Just add the proper group to the "Newsgroups" field, or request that any replies to your message be followed up to the proper group. I've gone ahead and done it for you. (I thought it had been done already, but was mistaken) -Duane (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Language Choices and LUGNET

(...) ... (...) Reading via mail/news - voting was never implemented for those readers. (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Are you missing news-by-mail digests/forwards?

Hi all, this is in reply to all mails I received regarding news2mail subscriptions (i.e. newsgroup subscriptions as direct delivery via email - not digests, those seem to have worked all the time): I have found the error, repaired the script and (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Are you missing news-by-mail digests/forwards?

(...) Okay, it appears I misunderstood you to that extent. Sorry about that. Then again, the issue is still, that mailing lists as a standard use the original From: address (which is you) but change the Reply-To field to the mailing list itself. I (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Are you missing news-by-mail digests/forwards?

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:J1B9D9.nvx@lugnet.com... (...) The problem is that I post via the web and don't want to receive ANY posts via email, I prefer the newsreader client to do that. (...) I strongly (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Web interface cancels (was Re: Let's define what an auction announcement/update is)

Do we have numbers on relative mail/nntp/web POSTING usage? (...) NNTP already allows cancel. It is possible for someone who knows the NNTP protocol to forge cancels, I believe, but I am not sure. I would be OK with web cancel only working when you (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Posting Help Needed

First off, I'm not sure if this is in the right newsgroup, if it is not, I'm sorry. I'm not a LugNet member, but I do have posting priviledges, and do post occasionaly. I recently got a new e-mail address, and would like to know how to change the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  link labels

(...) Have you seen a news/mail reader that actually implements that behavior? I don't believe that behavior is even defined in any RFC, is it??? I've heard about line-joining before, but only with the notation <URL:url> (...) But it was designed to (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: lugnettiquete question

(...) I usually like to snip as much as possible, as opposed to as little as necessary. I'd say: 1. Always always always snip sigs and garbage added by third-party free e-mail sites. ("Get your free @foofoo.com e-mail here!") 2. Except in truly rare (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Someone's at it again with SPAM

(...) Well, I checked a few things out. The web page the e-mail references to appears to be maintained by a Stuart Humphrey using the e-mail address used in the SPAM. He doesn't appear to be a member or to have posted (or at least posted using his (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Long delay between email post and authentication request

(...) I have *no* problems with getting the initial "Message awaiting authentication" mail, it has (almost) always arrived within a minute. The problem is that if I auth by replying to the email, it will take an enormous amount of time before the (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) I'd say .market.buy-sell-trade -- not the .announce group and probably not the .general group -- because the market.* hierarchy was really intended as the place for that sort of thing (selling and things related to selling). Still, the (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Please change my "from" e-mail address in posts

(...) Hi Tony. Have you been to this form yet? (URL) (it's not very obvious that's where you have to go to effect the change, it's on our list of things to fix) Once you do that and we process it, it's changed. No other way is available to do it, in (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.406)

More:  Next Page >>