 Administrative / General / 6769
Re: Someone's at it again with SPAM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 13:28:20 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
Someone's at it again with SPAM. This time it was definitely culled from
Lugnet, I got two messages with subject lines Re:xxxx which are both
threads I have posted in. I will be happy to e-mail Todd the full
messages if he wants to pursue this.

I hate to use a SPAM blocker on my posts, but I may have to start doing
so.

FYI I got one two.  Actually it was on one of my Map posts.  Unfortunately I
was so peeved when I got it I just deleted it.  Unfortunately I don't know that
there is much for Todd to do.  IMO something like this would be something of a
maintenance nightmare.

Although I hate to do it I think the best way to go at this is to first let the
person know that what they are doing is not welcome with a post to LUGNET here
in .admin.general and probably somewhere in Market as well.

Well, I checked a few things out. The web page the e-mail references to
appears to be maintained by a Stuart Humphrey using the e-mail address
used in the SPAM. He doesn't appear to be a member or to have posted (or
at least posted using his name in a signature, presumably Todd can check
if he has posted at all).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com