 Administrative / General / 6773
Re: Someone's at it again with SPAM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 15:50:29 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:
It sounds like it might be worthwhile Todd checking out if the from
headers are forged, and if not, getting this guy's account pulled if
possible.

Agreed. Unfortunately, it looks to be from someone with a free ISP account
in the UK.

Freeserve doesn't explicity outlaw spam but they do say "In particular, you
will not use Freeserve to transmit or post anymaterial which is defamatory,
offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or which may, in our
judgement, cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to any person." Well,
obviously a lot of us are annoyed. <https://join.freeserve.net/aup.shtml>

They do seem to leave enough room to terminate accounts for situations
like this. If I was an ISP, I would attempt to get this problem
resolved, and reccomend they change their T&C. If they are not willing
to change their T&C, I would push to get as many ISPs as possible to add
them to their SPAM filters, which should get them to change their T&C
when their innocent customers start complaining that their e-mail is
never making it through.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com