 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1081 – 1100 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Group coalescing (was: Re: It's time to get rid of my Technic Collection)

(...) Oopsy, I almost forgot -- I know the answer to the second part of that question... Yes, the News-by-Mail facility has the collapsing/coalescing property. In fact, since all the mailing list messages sent by the server come to you at a single (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.

To All, I think a divided up auction, for different themes, might be a good way to approach this subject. (I subscribe to auctions via e-mail, BTW) If I am only interested in Space items, I can go into market.auctions.space, or just subscribe to it. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Statistics request: NNTP vs HTTP vs SMTP/POP?

Sometimes I think I'm the only LUGnut who uses a newsreader to access LUGNET. I'm curious to know what percentage of people read and post to LUGNET via news vs. the web interface vs. e-mail. That is, what percentage of posts contain "X-Nntp-Gateway: (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Easy to do in the outgoing mail, very hard to do in the outgoing news. But almost all the outgoing mail goes out within 60 seconds of the article being posted, so they'd all say 50 anyway. --Todd (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.

On top of this I also believe we should be allowed to post any trade's in the Theme groups also, as long as you are posting in the proper genre. I don't believe all the info should be in there, though you can post an intent and do the rest by e-mail (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.council, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  WARNING: spam from Helge Viker

Hey all, I just got spammed from Helge Viker; he's trying to pawn Lego sets onto me. I have never had business with him before. In his e-mail, he says, "This mail is going out to all I have had contact with over the past half year. Many of you have (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade) !

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) No objections from me with having a dead group -- it's no drag on the server. I don't think it would really be dead though -- probably low-traffic at the worst, not that there's anything wrong with low-traffic if it's focused. (...) I'll try (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Re: MINIFIGS

[ XFUT lugnet.admin.general ] Frish: (...) I know that some of the responses that you got weren't that practical, but writing all upper-case is an absolute no-no, and I feel very tempted to remove my answer to your question because of this post of (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.

(...) this (...) Actually, I suspect it has aliented or could alienate some people (a few names pop to mind(1)), but I would posit that those people are for the most part interested in bang for their buck, and not in discussion, so would generally (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Re: It's time to get rid of my Technic Collection

(...) Ah yep - that's what I meant to ask, I meant server side but I wasn't terribly clear :) (...) In theory - would it be possible for users(1) to go to a web-page and select a hierarchy (eg lugnet.castle), and the sub-groups that they wanted to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Re: E-mail Problems

Todd, (...) Hmm... I don't know what a "ncftpd log overflow" is, but I am sure you are capable of handling it! Thanks for the response! :) Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Ratings?

What's this rating thing that just appeared? Alan (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Re: Feelings (was: Re: Ratings?)

(...) Actually 32 seconds-but who cares? I hadn't seen Todd's post when I posted this. No, it doesn't make me feel bad having a 17 since it is unimportant after Todd's post. Alan (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

Could you put up a thing that lets each person view their average rating? Alan (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:Fr6ABv.1MA@lugnet.com... (...) from (...) reduces (...) who (...) I have been reading all the messages in this group since I started to browse LUGNET (since october '99) Yet I haven't really (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Re: Simplified News-by-Mail signup (was: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company)

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) ISP's (...) Also slower if you use POP3 and poll the mail server, and especially if you manually initiate all mail downloads... Of course it is still possible to be more timely than a newsfeed. Frank (24 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

(...) Hmm. Well, in the great usenet tradition of "if you agree with it, don't post", we probably have consensus that Frank's ideas are good (but I'll have to go hunt and confirm, for myself). My questions (mostly for Todd) are: Have you got the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.council)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

(...) Just a thought: Todd, I don't know how LUGNET codewise is implemented, but I assume you have an user-database somewhere (to validate posting-priveleges and to store subscribed mailinglists etc.) At our company I implemented our Intranet, it's (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.174)

  A concern voiced publicly

Hello. I don't usually post to this group, as I don't find it necessary. Others often voice my concerns more eloquently and cogently. But perhaps this time, Lugnet Admins can help me understand. Today, I read this post: (URL) in which 7 other groups (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

service
(score: 1.174)

  Re: Article scoring

Todd: [ ... ] (...) Although I find the [-100,+100] range more intuitive, I think you are right that [0,+100] is the range to use for article scoring. Play well, Jacob (who never claimed to be ordinary ;-) ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.173)

More:  Next Page >>