  Search Results: racial minifig
 Results 41 – 60 of about 17000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Interesting...

(...) Ironically, LEGO does this to avoid any controversy about race. Their argument is that if they do release Mace in a brown color, yellow will automatically represent caucasian. But LEGO considers yellow to be yellow, not caucasian, black, red (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.general)

racial, minifig
(score: 2.195)

  Re: Lando minifig picutre HERE

(...) I disagree with your assumptions. When LEGO first made any attempt at Lego "people", they had very few colors to choose from. Yellow was probably the best looking one available at the time. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I just don't believe there was (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

racial, minifig
(score: 2.162)

  Re: Lando minifig picutre HERE

(...) You assume incorrectly about what you think are my assumptions. "...what primary color would work best a "flesh" tone." I covered that. Nor did I say that there was any overt racial motivation. What I do believe is that Lego didn't think (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, FTX)

racial, minifig
(score: 2.161)

  Re: Lando minifig picutre HERE

(...) Ew, no. I couldn't disagree more. I have no problem with real basketball players being depicted with more naturalistic skin tones. I have no probem with Lando being brown. To be honest, I wouldn't have minded if he looked rather like this (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

racial, minifig
(score: 2.161)

  Re: Lando minifig picutre HERE

In lugnet.starwars, James Seibert wrote: [ snip ] I have witnessed, as (...) Hear hear! Thank you Lego, for making TOYS (yes; they ARE toys!!!) that keep us occupied for so long. And don't take any notice of the "racial aware" people: I like mine (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

racial, minifig
(score: 2.160)

  Re: IBM chooses Mega-Blocks over Lego

(...) Gee, how can I put this politely...I guess I can't! But... You, Mark, are in a newsgroup called "off-topic.clone-brands." Whereas your considered opinions are encouraged, your flat out clone-bashing is not. Now, I'm not the boss of you -- but (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

racial, minifig
(score: 2.155)

  Re: The Brick Testament: More Laws than You Can Shake a Stick At

(...) Ho, ho, ho. @8^) (...) I'm sure I got that idea from someone else, sticking the minifig hands through the end of the chains. I think it was someone's catsle's torture chamber. (...) Thanks. It's velvet. (...) I keep getting new ideas for (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

racial, minifig
(score: 2.140)

  Re: Color change: Let's go straight to the CEO!

(...) Hi there, I understand this situation... love it or hate it... the colours I'd like changed back, light/dark grey and brown, also minifigs to be as they are known and loved 'yellow'. For me that represented something different, no-one is (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

racial, minifig
(score: 2.026)

  Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"

(...) The column has some good points. Too bad it suffers from lazy journalism. Like describing traditional minifigs as "aryan yellow". Aryan. Yellow. Yeah, right. And the columnist missed out on some other good discussion points: 1. Lego has (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

racial, minifig
(score: 2.010)

  Re: set instructions wanted

(...) Not precisely. It is being renamed. (can't recall what, off-hand) And there wouldn't be such a fuss over "India Red" - but the crayons are called "Indian Red", which makes all the difference over here. To most ------^ Europeans, Indians are (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

racial
(score: 1.723)

  Re: How will/should they...

(...) Hmm, a sickly-grey, scarred head hardly compares with a deliberately racially specific brown head. IMHO, Black would be far more offensive than brown, but either one, I'd hate for TLG to get into the racial game. If everybody is canary (...) (25 years ago, 24-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

racial
(score: 1.716)

  Re: How will/should they...

Well, TLG did make those duplo figures with several different races, if I remember right. But if TLG decided to make a few different colors of characters, and decided to get rid of the mini-fig yellow, they could open up a whole range of race (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

racial
(score: 1.716)

  Re: How will/should they...

(...) I don't think adding one more generic skin tone requires them to seek realism or to mirror local demographics. I don't have a problem with the idea of canary yellow representing caucasians, latinos, asians, etc. But I think it is much more of (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

racial
(score: 1.716)

  Re: WTB Train Parts

Larry, I think this may be a misunderstanding based on differences in meanings of phrases. Either one of us doesn't know the true definition or the definition has changed in different locales. When one is generosity is described as "being mighty (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.699)

  Re: WTB Train Parts

(...) it (...) Tom, Perhaps I have come to understand only one meaning of that statement, or perhaps I don't see it as racist. Either way, it was not meant as a racial slur. Also, I think that Lar was referring to not wanting the train _door_ from (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

racial
(score: 1.698)

  Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep

Richard Dee <richard.dee@virgin.net> wrote in message news:MPG.122bb3a6c8e...net.com... (...) $1.25/gal (...) Yanks? Dems fightin' words. Yankees live up north above Kentucky and Virginia, Southerners live down south. And Westerners live on the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.694)

  Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep

Sproaticus wrote <37C57D80.330C3CEB@io.com>... <snip> (...) My point was the really young age. Nowhere (alltough I don't have any hard facts) is the number of murders done by young ones so high than in U.S. You should really ask yourself what's (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.693)

  Re: I got a Friends demo CD in the mail

(...) Only sort of. I mean, they're only sort-of Scala characters. I'm not making any comment on the mouthiness part. The characters do not directly represent any Scala doll I've seen. Heck, they're multi-racial. Scala doesn't do that! (...) I'm (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.games.lego.friends)

racial
(score: 1.677)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Wow! Sounds like you guys are trying to take over the world! Starting in 2005 inhabitants of Earth must restrain themselves from the use of their elbows and knees (like 50's B-movie robots). Just joking! GREAT news! Yes, I've got the gall to (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

racial
(score: 1.673)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

(...) Indeed, this would have been an easy way to circumvent racial issues, this particular time. Still, there are four thumbnail pictures from the movie towards the top of the instruction pages, and the human portrayed most clearly (in two of the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

racial
(score: 1.672)

More:  Next Page >>